In your opinions, what is the best amp modeling software? I've been reading on it a bit and Amplitube seems to be pretty good, but I've also heard a lot about GTR 3. Sorry if there is already a thread on this. I did a quick look and didn't find much so a redirection to a previous thread or any personal experience would be appreciated.
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

They all sound pretty bad unless you doubled things up. You should get the demo of Peavey Revalver Mk III, Guitar Rig 3, Amplitube Metal, Amplitube 2 and see what one sounds the best to your ears. I doubled my guitars up at least 3 times, sometimes even 7 times to thicken the sound.
Don't forget - try OVERLOUD'S TH1.1 - I have the Amplitubes, Guitar Rig 3 and still bought Th1 as it sounds RICH and FAT. Only tried the demo of REVALVER but actually liked TH1 better.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
rockinsk8r91...

It all boils down to personal preference, and more than that is your own level of knowledge with amp sims. Someone may say XXX is the best amp sim, well to them it is, you may try it and not get a sound out of it. So whatever is the easiest for you to work with. Since you are new, I would not recommend our products for you as they have a "different" sort way of doing things. If you are new to this then you may not find a sound you are looking for with them.

ABG products are for tweakers, Players that want to sit and craft their sound to be theirs and only theirs. They are not for the player that simply wants to plug in and play...So I would personally suggest TH1, or on the free side, Nick Crow or LePou. If you don't feel like googling, you can get to both Lepou's and Nick's website from ours under the friends of Acme Section. By all means feel free to download our plugs, and check them out, they are all full version freeware. But do take a look at our friends too, LePou and Nick, they both have great sounding amps..Hope that helps...

KM
www.acmebargig.com
The Nick Crow amps are pretty damn good with the right impulse, best thing about them is they're free! and not in the torrent free kinda way.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I Have All IK Multimedia productions, Guitar Rig 3 and Revalver MKIII
Guitar Rig has lots of good tones but it also sound a little bit cheezzzzyyyyy !
IK Multimedia Productions(Amplitube 2, Amplitube Metal etc... ) sound better but are much more less versatile
Revalver MKIII is somthing between those but it hasn't any good Noise Gate so there is always a little noise in it
Download the Demo versions, see for yourself.
I did the same thing then i Cracked them
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
Quote by Philosophient
... then i Cracked them

YOU=SCUM

can i come over to your house and steal your computer? surely you wont mind.
or how about you fix my boiler and i pay you nothing for your work?

software development is a difficult job, the vast majority of pro-audio developers make very little money. they deserve to be compensated for their hard work, and for enabling people like me to do business, in the same way that you deserve to be compensated if you do some work.

pirates are nothing short of worthless parasites, feeding off of the sweat of hard working and dedicated people. wipe that smirk off your face.
Philosophient!
There is plenty of alternatives to ripping off these hard working companies, Although some say my products are competing, that does not take away from the amount of respect I have for their developers. I understand that you may not like their prices, neither do I, thats why I started AcmeBarGig. And price has always been a driving force in this company. We still have yet to even accept a single donation or sell a single product. I never resorted to cracking their stuff ever. I have not even looked at how they work.

When our sales upgrades come out, they will be 10 dollars each, so I would hope that you will not be ripping us off too, as I have already given all I can...and to rip a company off for 10 dollars, really your time is worth more than that, plus we won't even be placing protection code in our software at all. I trust the world of musicians in given a fair price would in fact do the right thing.

I am a musician too, and just a guy tying to feed his family, not trying to get rich, If I was then the price for an upgrade would be 100 dollars, and I would not release everything as freeware to begin with. So really, please do think about what you are doing, and its ramifications.

I am also a programmer, so I understand he whole free software movement and its militant side. Any Cracking organization would not waste their time on trying to claim that they Cracked ABG products. It is widely known that we will not be putting protection codes in our paid for software. I further trust these guys as well. IMO someone would look pretty low in to the world to rip off a company that gives so much away free and charges so little for what they don't.

Ken McLaren
Senior Developer
AcmeBarGig Inc.
www.acmebargig.com