I got this guitar around a year ago and I love playing it, but what is it?

[see attachments]

It has a tremolo licensed under floyd rose, an explorer neck (i think), two vulume knobs (don't know what the second one exactly does), and two switches (a normal pickup switch, and a "deeper bass" switch).

I want to know everything you guys know... I'm not going to sell this guitar anyway because i really enjoy its sustain and bass drive but i'just want to know what i've got in here.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
epiphone 1.jpg
epiphone 2.jpg
epiphone 3.jpg
Epiphone EM1, I believe. A number or letter might be off in that name, but something like that.

As for "what you've got" - not a whole lot. A couple/few hundred USD at most.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Flying Couch
Epiphone EM1, I believe. A number or letter might be off in that name, but something like that.

As for "what you've got" - not a whole lot. A couple/few hundred USD at most.

Thanks for your reply!

This guitar looks very similar to mine! But mine is very old you know (at least 15/20 years...) Was the EM1 already produced by then? And mine has one switch more and a different neck. But you came very close i think (at least closer then i got )

And about the money i don't really care. I just want to know if it's worth changing the pick-ups since one of them is broken. Is it worth?
Well, the EM-1 originated a while ago - early early '90s or late '80s, IIRC. I believe one of these older ones is what you have. The ones on Epi's website now are reissues. Pretty sure this is what you've got. The second result on a Google image search is identical to yours.

As for it's pickups, if you like the guitar, certainly.
Quote by Flying Couch
Well, the EM-1 originated a while ago - early early '90s or late '80s, IIRC. I believe one of these older ones is what you have. The ones on Epi's website now are reissues. Pretty sure this is what you've got. The second result on a Google image search is identical to yours.

As for it's pickups, if you like the guitar, certainly.

Thanks, you're right! It's the epiphone EM-1 rebel (but mine has a floyd rose )

At least i'm going to remove those ugly golden things, it's way better if you can see the pickups.
damn, nice guitar. i would love to have one of those.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by JH14
Thanks, you're right! It's the epiphone EM-1 rebel (but mine has a floyd rose )

At least i'm going to remove those ugly golden things, it's way better if you can see the pickups.

Send them to me! I need some gold pickup covers!