Alright so I put one of those small CD's in my macbook pro's CD drive, which, I just found out, it doesn't read. Now it's stuck in there and ejecting it does nothing. I feel pretty lame now. Any advice?
How are you trying to eject it? Just by pressing the eject button?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
there should be a small pinhole on the cd drive
just push it with a pin and there you go
Dick+strings= owww
Well I'm a bit of a geek, and I could probably answer any other computer queries you may have but alas, I have no idea how you could solve this other than taking it to a repair shop maybe.

Actually, you could probably go into iTunes and I think you can eject it from there...
Last edited by Craigz0rz at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by rasveer
there should be a small pinhole on the cd drive
just push it with a pin and there you go

... I don't think there is one. (I'm new to macs by the way).
The eject button never works. Drag the CD icon to the garbage can (recycle bin, wutever)
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
If the icon shows up on the desktop, drag it to the trash can.

If not, try reading this:

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/12/01/how-to-eject-a-stuck-cd-or-dvd-from-macbook-superdrive/

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 30, 2009,
That's the problem with Mac, it's too userfriendly, so when you need to do stuff manually, you can't.

And I think you might have to open the computer.
DeVillains!
Try through My Computer. You can right click eject.

Or whatever the Mac equivalent is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
When that happened to me I just took the whole CD Drive out and took it out myself (as I do with all my CDs), but that was a laptop, and thats a mac, so it'll be a pain in the ass. Probably best to just try sliding something in there to try and force it out or take it to a computer shop to have someone take it out, someone must've had this problem before.

EDIT: Oh yeah, pressing eject anywhere won't work, the CD drive isn't designed to eject those small CDs, only proper big ones. The ones on PCs however, CAN take bot types
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Jun 30, 2009,
So, if anyone is interested, I just got it out.

I basically turned the laptop off and gave it a good shake. Fell right out, lol.
yeah, the slot drives don't like mini-CDs, not the ones in the new Macs anyway.. I had an old Powerbook with a slot drive that took them, but that was a good few years ago now.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Put a pair of scissors in there sideways and close them a little bit just to grab the cd and pull, it'll come right out. Your cd will probably get scratched a lil bit, but it should still work

EDIT: Nevermind i see you got it out
I'm Luke.
Quote by lawlerskater

I basically turned the laptop off and gave it a good shake. Fell right out, lol.

this happened to my friend's mac. i should tell him to do the same.
Quote by lawlerskater

You hadn't tried this yet?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by filthandfury
Obvious answer, buy a PC.

Yes, I much prefer them. But I was given this laptop.