Alright, I'm about to have a guitar mental breakdown. I've been playing for well over two years, I don't really have a set number. And everything I play sounds like absolute ****.

I can't get through a single song. Whether it be blink-182, the Beatles, Metallica, anything.

The amount of time I put into practicing never gets me anywhere. I can't play power chords, open chords, barre chords, riffs, solos, fingerpicking or anything. What noise I can get the guitar to make sounds absolutely horrid.

Whether or not this sounds like nothing but a rant doesn't really matter to me. I'm just at my wit's end because I don't know how to improve in any shape, form or matter.

So, help?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Relax dude, you're probably a lot better then two years ago, you probably play alot faster now, so just play on.
I took lessons once a week for a month, but that didn't work out too well.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Try to find a great tone on your amp first. Then just practice slow enough that is doesn't sound absolutely horrid
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Well I would give it another shot with someone else then and give them some time. As the first guy said don't give up.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
practise playing slow but smooth and it'll arrange by itself. Smooth playing,legato playing as theory nerds would call it. What's your gear it might be the gear's fault for you sounding like ****.
dude seriously get a good teacher go twice a week or more and just assimilate what ever the guy teaches you and try it out for more than a month
If I was you I'd either get a new teacher, and follow whatever they say, or go back to basics.

Play everything as slowly as you need to play it accurately and cleanly, start with sorting your open chords out til you are happy with the way you are changing between them, then work on your barre chords til you are happy with them, and go back to learning simple songs - easy enough that you can pretty much perfect them rather than just learn to play them, so you clean your playing up and get your confidence back. Record yourself too so you can compare them and see your improvement.

And read the sticky
Go for the slow and accurate approach. Most guitar players have to slow down now and then to get their accuracey back and then speed up again. Another tip is to keep playing even when you make a mistake. Everyone makes them but if you keep playing then you get back into it very quickly rather than just stopping.
Maybe you're out of tune? I know it sounds stupid, but I remember four years ago when I started, I never thought about tuning.