Right, I'm going to be buying a Hayden MoFo soon and I'm looking to expand my pedal collection into a pedal board

Now, the effects I'm looking for are:
Chorus
OD
Delay
EQ / Boost

I was thinking:
Small Clone
Tubescreamer, either TS9 or a TS808 if my mate can build me one
??? not sure about delay as I only want something to go on slightly just to add a bit of something to my cleans
MXR 6 band / Dano Fish n' Chips / EHX LPB-1

Now my dilemma is, would it be worth me splashing out the extra cash on an EQ pedal over the boost? I'm looking for something I can use for solos to boost me up and cut through the mix better. Which EQ would be better for that? Or am I just wasting extra money here that could be solved with the LPB-1?

Also can all of these pedals be powered by daisy chaining them using the Boss TU-2 as a supply?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Chorus - Boss CE-2 used
EQ - MXR 10 band
Delay - MXR Carbon Copy
OD/Boost - Ibanez TS-9
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Chorus - Boss CE-2 used
EQ - MXR 10 band
Delay - MXR Carbon Copy
OD/Boost - Ibanez TS-9

I'm not a massive fan of the CE-2, I tried it in store once and it just sounded, wrong. I dunno, wrong to me anyway.

Is it worth the extra cash to go from 6 band - 10 band?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

^ Well you get more control with the extra bands. Also the 10 band has gain and volume sliders which can be altered by 12db, so in a way the 10 band could also function as a boost.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
^ Well you get more control with the extra bands. Also the 10 band has gain and volume sliders which can be altered by 12db, so in a way the 10 band could also function as a boost.

+1
The 10-band is great for boosting solos.

The Small Clone is a great chorus....sounds amazing, just not very tweakable. MXR is a good delay if you want analog. I also have an EHX #1 Echo on my board too...its a decent digital delay, just not very tweakable. It does have a 2 second delay time though.
If that's a "LONG POST", then RIP written word.

If it is just an overall boost you want for solos then the EQ pedal might be overkill.
However, if you want something to shape your sound at the same time -- give your mids a boost for instance -- then the EQ is the way to go.

For delay, if all you want is a little added something then going for an expensive pedal could be a waste. I wanted the exact same thing and bought myself a nice, cheap little analog pedal that did the trick perfectly.
404: Sig not found.
Its hard to know if what you want is an analog delay or a digital delay. A digital will give you many options with the ability to make extremely long delay. The analog delay is more subtle and will have that decay type sound to it.
chorus/echo(delay)- visual sound h20 (analog delay and chorus in one box!)
OD- TS9
EQ- the EQ is worth it. sometimes just boosting your sound isnt as good as shaping it and letting it cut through the mix when you really have too. mxr 6 or 10 band FTW

/thread
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Chorus - Small Clone
OD - Fulltone OCD
Delay - MXR Carbon Copy
Boost - LPB-1, Dallas Rangemaster clone

By the way, I just got the MXR 6-band EQ and it's really good. I got it for ~$40, which is a third of the price of the 10 band new.
Quote by ChrisN
If that's a "LONG POST", then RIP written word.

it looked a lot longer in the box I was writing it, then I posted it and 'ed

I would prefer the Small Clone because the vids and demos of it I've seen are really nice sounding and it's really one of the only things I'm willing to blind buy at the moment.

When it comes to boosting solos with an EQ, does it improve the sound from the amp enough to justify that amount, i.e if the amp is a little muddy or w.e (I've not tried the MoFo yet I'm waiting for my local store to get some in)

I prefer analog I think because of the decaying thing, I'm not massively bothered about long delay times etc.

EDIT: Also I spotted an MXR Blue Box in a store for about £45 - 50 is that a good price?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jun 30, 2009,
I use my EQ in "reverse" to boost for solos.
I have the EQ on and shaping my sound more finely for rhythm work but have it set to reduce my overall volume, then I turn it off to use the full volume from the amp.

I just find that when playing chords, because the notes are being played together as one, the interaction means the tone needs shaping that bit more. When playing lead you're -- more often than not -- playing individual notes and the EQ on the amp is plenty enough.

Take from that what you will.
404: Sig not found.
Chorus - Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus
EQ - MXR 10 band
Delay - Digitech Hardwire Delay
OD/Boost - Ibanez TS-808
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Would it be cheaper to get the TS9 and get someone to mod it to the TS808 instead of buying one?
Darkflame: When I don't have it on I'll just be bashing some power chords so there's no special need for it to be on all the time really.

I've hopefully manage to find a shop with some MXR pedals so I might be able to try some stuff, I wish there was a better city near me :|
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band