Page 3 of 957
Quote by ieatu
By bringing it to new people who think it's the last genre is a bad thing.

Oh my god, stop.

You sound like an ANUSite, minus the half-logical reasoning behind your half-witted statements.

Do you have any facts? Any ratios, precentage, rough estimate, an unofficial survey, ANYTHING beyond what you read on the MA/MS forums about the average metal fan's attitude to deathcore?

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statements sound, what with half the bands that come from Sweden promoting this whole "metal as a state of mind" attitude, that is obviously so different than an offshoot scene. I mean, they wear fringes, your friends have long hair, you both think each other suck and need to get bashed in, and both of you think that you are a deadly social toxin to each of your respective precious scenes?

THE METAL SCENE IS BULLSHIT! THERE IS NO IDEALOGY! Varg preaches hate, Masvidal preaches love, Jourgensen is left-wing, Hetfield is right-wing, Petrozza tells us to stand together against the common enemy, Anselmo tells us that only you can save yourself, Gojira save the trees, Destroyer 666 destroy the world, Slayer promote sticking to your roots, Opeth encourage you to experiment, prog evolves, doom devolves, WHERE IS THE UNITY? There is none! There never was! Venom turned the whole bowl upside down because they didn't understand what Sabbath were trying to say, and it's been going on like that ever since!

Deathcore doesn't have any message other than "play music, it's good for you, and very fun", just like every other genre, in every other music, all around the world! Shove this whole metal ideology thing up your ass, because you clearly don't know what the fuck it isn't about!

Deadit: For the record, I can't stand deathcore, I do think it should be here rather than the hardcore forum.
Magero, sorry for further derailing.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Last edited by dead-fish at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by ieatu
Yes, I'm totally jealous.

My point is usually Deathcore kids never get around to listening to other forms of metal because it doesn't have a breakdown in it.

Can you say you know this for a fact? or are you just making general Asumptions now?

and since when did fans make something not 'TRUE'

Ill be honest im going to stop now. cause i cant be bothered defending a genre that Im not overly keen on myself.

Edit: I Love you dead-fish
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by andyscoot
You guys are so far from the truth its hilarious. Come back when youve heard more than one Deathcore song. You dont know anything about the genre or their fans.

I've heard Veil of Maya, Whitechapel, The Red Chord, Suicide Silence, and several others.

3 of these bands I've seen live with the Carcass tour. I sat thru the whole thing. I tried to get into it. I couldn't. There you go.
Quote by dead-fish

Deadit: For the record, I can't stand deathcore, I do think it should be here rather than the hardcore forum.

But where does it end? It starts with one deathcore thread and soon there's 50. and then this is no longer the metal forum but the scene kid forum.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Born of Osiris
Veil of Maya
After the Burial
Lost in Remains
ABACABB
Suicide Silence

You sir have amazing taste
You're the first person I've ever seen that likes Lost in Remains
+1

I'm more into Technical Deathcore myself, but I still like Carnifex and Suicide Silence pretty good, even tho I'm pretty sure they're the same band lol
Quote by dead-fish
Oh my god, stop.

You sound like an ANUSite, minus the half-logical reasoning behind your half-witted statements.

Do you have any facts? Any ratios, precentage, rough estimate, an unofficial survey, ANYTHING beyond what you read on the MA/MS forums about the average metal fan's attitude to deathcore?

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statements sound, what with half the bands that come from Sweden promoting this whole "metal as a state of mind" attitude, that is obviously so different than an offshoot scene. I mean, they wear fringes, your friends have long hair, you both think each other suck and need to get bashed in, and both of you think that you are a deadly social toxin to each of your respective precious scenes?

THE METAL SCENE IS BULLSHIT! THERE IS NO IDEALOGY! Varg preaches hate, Masvidal preaches love, Jourgensen is left-wing, Hetfield is right-wing, Petrozza tells us to stand together against the common enemy, Anselmo tells us that only you can save yourself, Gojira save the trees, Destroyer 666 destroy the world, Slayer promote sticking to your roots, Opeth encourage you to experiment, prog evolves, doom devolves, WHERE IS THE UNITY? There is none! There never was! Venom turned the whole bowl upside down because they didn't understand what Sabbath were trying to say, and it's been going on like that ever since!

Deathcore doesn't have any message other than "play music, it's good for you, and very fun", just like every other genre, in every other music, all around the world! Shove this whole metal ideology thing up your ass, because you clearly don't know what the fuck it isn't about!

Your post was impressive. I'm just going to listen to the music I like and that's that. It's all opinions anyways, I guess.
I'm going to ignore the current argument going on and try to lighten the mood.

Any love for Winds of Plague? Be sure to hear them before you see what they dress like.

And also, My Bitter End is pretty sweet, anyone like them? They might be metalcore though, I'm not sure.
Quote by wh0racLe
But where does it end? It starts with one deathcore thread and soon there's 50. and then this is no longer the metal forum but the scene kid forum.

Yes, history shows that that's what happens!

Machines aren't running this forum, people are, and these people know well enough what threads to lock, and when.

Besides, why the fvck do you care? THE NEXT PAGE IS A CLICK AWAY! ONE LITTLE CLICK! YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIKE THERE!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by ieatu
Your post was impressive. I'm just going to listen to the music I like and that's that. It's all opinions anyways, I guess.

You still havent proven why its not metal...
Quote by ieatu

My point is usually Deathcore kids never get around to listening to other forms of metal because it doesn't have a breakdown in it.
Not to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. A few months ago, I joined a deathcore band for experience. I met and talked to many members of the deathcore "scene" and most of them do listen to other metal.
Quote by ThatGuy177
Not to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. A few months ago, I joined a deathcore band for experience. I met and talked to many members of the deathcore "scene" and most of them do listen to other metal.

Precisely. I likeDeathcore bands, and their supposedly 'true' metal bands. Surely im getting the better deal because i simply have more music to enjoy?
Quote by andyscoot
You still havent proven why its not metal...

You listen to what you like, and I'll listen to what I like. Sound good?
Quote by wh0racLe
It's not TRUE metal.

If deathcore is true metal, then so is Nu-Metal.

It is, its a sub-genre of Metal.

Why are either of those genre's not metal? Please answer with a proper response instead of shifting the debate somewhere else. If you're going to make silly comments, back them up.
Quote by ThatGuy177

That's great, I'm glad you found a good example, ok.
Right, I figure this might be a good place to ask

I really like old-school, as in TIWTEOYSWMF BMTH, and JFAC, Suicide Silence...

Particulary Suicide Silence actually, is there anything else that downright heavy and aggressive I should know about?
Quote by andyscoot
It is, its a sub-genre of Metal.

Why are either of those genre's not metal? Please answer with a proper response instead of shifting the debate somewhere else. If you're going to make silly comments, back them up.

Nu-metal is true metal? so then why is there a separate subforum and why isn't it all in here?

why isn't Metalcore in this forum either?
I really dig All Shall Perish, The Red Chord, After the Burial (though they may just be considered metalcore), and The Faceless. The Faceless are actually one of my favorite bands. Despised Icon isn't bad either. They are a hell of a lot better than a lot of deathcore bands.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by wh0racLe
Nu-metal is true metal? so then why is there a separate subforum and why isn't it all in here?

Because of you elitists

EDIT: Where bands are placed in a forum isnt really representative of their actual genre. If someone who controls the site put Miles Davis in here, would he suddenly become a Metal artist, no of course not.

The point is, Nu-metal is a sub genre of metal. Making is as much metal as thrash, folk, death, power. Theyre all merely sub genre's. Same with deathcore.
Last edited by andyscoot at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by andyscoot
Because of you elitists

Alright, then no more elitism, let's bring every single genre of what could be classified metal in here. Let's keep this thread here.
Quote by wh0racLe

Logistics.

The metal forum is the most active forum in the B&A section, and one of the most active overall. When each of those genres were big, the forum was flooded with those band threads. Traffic became unbearable, and it was decided that the forums will be split.

The nu-metal forum is the only sub-genre specific forum on the site because of that, and the hardcore forum are reluctant to discuss LoG and KSE no less than the people here.
Quote by ieatu

Just because I like Deathcore doesn't mean I don't like true metal. Slayer's one of my favorite bands and I listen to (old) Metallica, Necrophagist, Machine Head, Atheist, and Exodus on a pretty regular basis. Image has nothing to do with it, unless they happen to be BMTH. Take a look at some of the OTHER deathcore bands and stop basing your arguement on one or two bands
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
Just because I like Deathcore doesn't mean I don't like true metal. Slayer's one of my favorite bands and I listen to (old) Metallica, Necrophagist, Machine Head, Atheist, and Exodus on a pretty regular basis. Image has nothing to do with it, unless they happen to be BMTH. Take a look at some of the OTHER deathcore bands and stop basing your arguement on one or two bands

Sweet ok, I'll get down from my high horse, then.
Quote by wh0racLe
i'm an elitist because I don't like terrible music? cool.

Wether you like it or not is just opinion. You've become an elitist because you're treating your opinion as fact.
I will fight every cunt in here who says this should go in the hardcore forum, because deathcore is metal's fault and metal's only. Pissy at this thread? Tell Decapitated.
Quote by Internal Chaos
I will fight every cunt in here who says this should go in the hardcore forum, because deathcore is metal's fault and metal's only. Pissy at this thread? Tell Decapitated.

Actually it's Job for a Cowboy's fault.
i can't stand deathcore but its a popular genre so there must be something to it.

i always thought the faceless were prog-death metal.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Deathcore is gay.
Take it to Hardcore.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Shut up you elitist.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Shut the fuck up. The metal forum always blames hardcore for the plague of metalcore and deathcore today. Have you listened to a hardcore breakdown? Go on mediafire and download Trash Talk. Listen to that. Side to sides, stomps, breakdowns, half speed sludge. Not DUN DUN, DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN like the shit now. NO hardcore has ever used that until the mid 2000's, when metalcore and deathcore started using it.

Metalcore today as we know it, is a fusion of 80's metalcore (Integrity, Botch, Unbroken) and Melodic Death Metal. They took the riffing of the melodeath and the structure from the metalcore and the breakdowns from death metal at the time. LISTEN TO DECAPITATED. EVERYONE WHO CHUGS IN MODERN -CORE MUSIC IS RIPPING OFF DECAPITATED.

The album Nihility. Listen for the breakdowns. Gojira uses them. A lot of death metal uses it, I bet you don't even know what a breakdown is. A breakdown is a drop in speed or technically, used to provoke tension and increase power between sections, or at the beginning or end of a song.

Stupid cunt, learn your shit because you start preaching.
Oh, and Animosity were out long before Job For A Cowboy.
Quote by andyscoot

At least i can back up my arguments

Dude I hope so, because if I'm backing you up in this one I want you to be able to fight better than you did in the thread about AA!
Yeah broski my opinion is backed up by so many factual internet opinions that I may just be able to fist fuck all these internet posers with my internet knowledge.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Internal Chaos
Dude I hope so, because if I'm backing you up in this one I want you to be able to fight better than you did in the thread about AA!

Well i know **** all about Hardcore music in general so i was a little outgunned. I brought it on myself
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Yeah broski my opinion is backed up by so many factual internet opinions that I may just be able to fist fuck all these internet posers with my internet knowledge.

Internet posers? Bullshit. You and I both know for a fact that everything on the internet is 100% true.
I think some people are missing the point that a lot of people start deathcore bands, not because it's trendy, but because they enjoy that style of music and want to play it. You don't have to be an incredible musician to do it, though you still need considerable amounts of skill (or not depending on the band).

"true metal" is bs, maybe on these forums it exists as a means for trafficking, but in reality, deathcore, metalcore, and nu-metal are all sub genres of metal, they were all spawned from metal.

Anyways, I don't listen to much deathcore at the moment, I went through a JFAC phase (and they're pretty cool live), and I went through and Animosity phase (Animal), and I still listen to All shall perish from time to time.

I'll probably check out the new Born of Osiris when it comes out, and maybe get back in to Animosity.

However, I won't lie, many of these bands have terrible images that really overshadow their music for me. Or rather, their music is listenable, but because of their attitudes, or lyrics, or how they present themselves, well it just ruins the whole thing for me.
I agree with Internal's view on Hardcore.
Also, I like deathcore because it's just fun music to listen to. Anyways, to each his own I'm gonna go and play At One With Shadows by Skeletonwitch now.
I drink your milkshake.