Page 4 of 957
I think the 2 people who decided to try and derail this thread know nothing about the genre or its fans, simple as that. If you dont like it, fair enough (But the reasons they posted were utter bullshit). Don't call it not metal, especially if you cant back it up when we question it.
Not Metal
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Well, Suicide Silence and Bury Your Dead are coming to Ottawa. I just pooped my pants.
Quote by Take This Life
Well, Suicide Silence and Bury Your Dead are coming to Ottawa. I just pooped my pants.

Bury Your Dead are crap.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Quote by andyscoot
I think the 2 people who decided to try and derail this thread know nothing about the genre or its fans, simple as that. If you dont like it, fair enough (But the reasons they posted were utter bullshit). Don't call it not metal, especially if you cant back it up when we question it.

It belongs in this forum as much as Nu-Metal or Metalcore does.
Dead fish explained the metalcore and nu metal arent in here, because at the height of their popularity there were a lot of threads about that one genre of music. So they moved them into their respective forums to ease the amount of users in the metal forum. Metalcore and Nu-Metal are as much Metal as Death Metal or any other sub genre of Metal is. Fact. Don't like it? Then shut up and deal with it.
Meh, deathcore DOES sound a lot more like death metal than hardcore, but it's marketed much more to a hardcore audience than a death metal one.

Anyways, while I'm not the biggest fan of the genre, I listen to some Despised Icon, Many Things Untold, and Ion Dissonance from time to time.
Quote by Veil Of Osiris
I'm going to ignore the current argument going on and try to lighten the mood.

Any love for Winds of Plague? Be sure to hear them before you see what they dress like.

And also, My Bitter End is pretty sweet, anyone like them? They might be metalcore though, I'm not sure.

WoP's new song is sounding good, this new album is gonna be killer!

Quote by --ATREYUROCK--
Right, I figure this might be a good place to ask

I really like old-school, as in TIWTEOYSWMF BMTH, and JFAC, Suicide Silence...

Particulary Suicide Silence actually, is there anything else that downright heavy and aggressive I should know about?

Catalepsy(not their new song, they're changing into a Nu Metal band now :[)
Carnifex
Oceano
ABACABB
Whitechapel

Quote by cliffemall123
I really dig All Shall Perish, The Red Chord, After the Burial (though they may just be considered metalcore), and The Faceless. The Faceless are actually one of my favorite bands. Despised Icon isn't bad either. They are a hell of a lot better than a lot of deathcore bands.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Bury Your Dead are crap.

Their old album "Cover Your Tracks" was good, but after they got a new vocalist, they just went gay.

Quote by piratemetalhead
Meh, deathcore DOES sound a lot more like death metal than hardcore, but it's marketed much more to a hardcore audience than a death metal one.

Anyways, while I'm not the biggest fan of the genre, I listen to some Despised Icon, Many Things Untold, and Ion Dissonance from time to time.

You might like Beneath The Massacre.
Last edited by Squifey at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by andyscoot
Dead fish explained the metalcore and nu metal arent in here, because at the height of their popularity there were a lot of threads about that one genre of music. So they moved them into their respective forums to ease the amount of users in the metal forum. Metalcore and Nu-Metal are as much Metal as Death Metal or any other sub genre of Metal is. Fact. Don't like it? Then shut up and deal with it.

I'm not trying to say they couldn't be classified as Metal. What I'm saying is they aren't true metal, like the forum description says this subforum contains.

Catalepsy(not their new song, they're changing into a Nu Metal band now :[)
QUOTE]

I hope this is a sick joke their playing.

EDIT: Quote fail
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by wh0racLe
I'm not trying to say they couldn't be classified as Metal. What I'm saying is they aren't true metal, like the forum description says this subforum contains.

Can I just ask what makes certain genres True?
Quote by andyscoot

I'm done with this argument, to each his own, but can I ask this:
Let's say you don't like deathcore, what reasons would you give or say as to why you don't like it?
Last edited by ieatu at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by ieatu
I'm done with this argument, to each his own, but can I ask this:
Let's say you don't like deathcore, what reasons would you give or say as to why you don't like it?

I'd give a reason about their music that i dont like.

I wouldn't say i dont like them because theyre popular and not technical. Or because i dont like their fans. And i also wouldnt say they weren't Metal.
Im not keen on deathcore.

thats cause Im not a huge fan of death Metal to begin with, and death core seems to take the elements of death metal I like least and cobbine them with metalcore or ardcore depending on how you look at it. Neither of wich genre I am a fan of.

but I aknowledge that it is Metal.
Quote by andyscoot
I'd give a reason about their music that i dont like.

I wouldn't say i dont like them because theyre popular and not technical. Or because i dont like their fans. And i also wouldnt say they weren't Metal.

You didn't answer my question, you just stated what I asked you. I know you'd give a reason in a hypothetical situation, so what is it. Not what you WOULDN'T say, just what you would say.
Quote by ieatu
You didn't answer my question, you just stated what I asked you. I know you'd give a reason in a hypothetical situation, so what is it. Not what you WOULDN'T say, just what you would say.

how does he know unless he's in the scenario. I dont know what I wouldnt like about folk metal if I wasnt a fan of it.
Its near impossible to say unless your there and its happening.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Im not keen on deathcore.

thats cause Im not a huge fan of death Metal to begin with, and death core seems to take the elements of death metal I like least and cobbine them with metalcore or ardcore depending on how you look at it. Neither of wich genre I am a fan of.

but I aknowledge that it is Metal.

Well yeah, I do like some deathcore (The Faceless, We Are the Romans, Molotov Solution, some Veil of Maya) but I am more of a death metal fan.

They are metal, but also they appeal to fans of hardcore and metalcore, and they combine elements of those genres in their music, which is why I don't think they are true metal like Heavy metal, Death, Black, Thrash, etc.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Can I just ask what makes certain genres True?

Not genres.

Soundscapes.

Wh0racle is an idiot that doesn't quite grasp what he is saying, but despite the colossal amount of stupidity, ignorance, internet fuckery, and all around retardation, the idea and music of "True" Metal has been around since just a few years after Metals inception.

I really don't care how these forums are run though. Wanna talk about Korn? Cool. I don't give a shit. I have been a fan of Metal for such a time that the internet is the last thing I really consider metal at all.

All the kids running around with their false pretense of waging some war for their ever beloved legion of True Metal?

Abherrently worse then everything they oppose. They are the worse thing that ever happened to music. Yes, I'm, not too fond of Nu, Modern, xXCOREXx, etc etc. But no group until this new ignorant self righteous **** twats have ever been this horrible and vomit worthy.

True Metal does not give a fuck.
True Metal is happy in its own little damn corner it built to escape EXACTLY WHAT THESE STUPID INTERNET KIDDIES ARE CREATING.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in this thread except Dead-Fish, are ignorantly blissful.

And to be honest I really don't give a rats ass enough to continue ranting.

The only reason I come here nowadays is because people seem to like what I listen to anyway.

I'm just going to let Dolphin Ride take me away with this gin and tonic.
Seriously **** this insane amount of masturbatory metal zines/forums/websites. Fucking cancer.
Go back to pop.
If it wasn't for maybe the ten people I like on this website I would have been long gone as soon as I made the account.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
how does he know unless he's in the scenario. I dont know what I wouldnt like about folk metal if I wasnt a fan of it.
Its near impossible to say unless your there and its happening.

Well, he's in the scenario now, and I'm asking him. It would, but you could simply state that you haven't listened to enough folk metal to garner an opinion about it. He, however, has listened to alot of deathcore, and should be comfortable enough to answer my question.
Quote by wh0racLe
Well yeah, I do like some deathcore (The Faceless, We Are the Romans, Molotov Solution, some Veil of Maya) but I am more of a death metal fan.

They are metal, but also they appeal to fans of hardcore and metalcore, and they combine elements of those genres in their music, which is why I don't think they are true metal like Heavy metal, Death, Black, Thrash, etc.

so because they take influence from other genres you mean?
does that make them not true?
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Not genres.

Soundscapes.

Wh0racle is an idiot that doesn't quite grasp what he is saying, but despite the colossal amount of stupidity, ignorance, internet fuckery, and all around retardation, the idea and music of "True" Metal has been around since just a few years after Metals inception.

I really don't care how these forums are run though. Wanna talk about Korn? Cool. I don't give a ****. I have been a fan of Metal for such a time that the internet is the last thing I really consider metal at all.

All the kids running around with their false pretense of waging some war for their ever beloved legion of True Metal?

Abherrently worse then everything they oppose. They are the worse thing that ever happened to music. Yes, I'm, not too fond of Nu, Modern, xXCOREXx, etc etc. But no group until this new ignorant self righteous **** twats have ever been this horrible and vomit worthy.

True Metal does not give a ****.
True Metal is happy in its own little damn corner it built to escape EXACTLY WHAT THESE STUPID INTERNET KIDDIES ARE CREATING.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in this thread except Dead-Fish, are ignorantly blissful.

And to be honest I really don't give a rats ass enough to continue ranting.

The only reason I come here nowadays is because people seem to like what I listen to anyway.

I'm just going to let Dolphin Ride take me away with this gin and tonic

you're assuming i'm some "tr00 metal purist" which i'm not. I just think most nu-metal, metalcore, and deathcore bands suck and are bastardizations of metal.

Quote by AnnihiSlateR
so because they take influence from other genres you mean?
does that make them not true?

they are made to appeal to non-metal fans.
Last edited by wh0racLe at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by ieatu
Well, he's in the scenario now, and I'm asking him. It would, but you could simply state that you haven't listened to enough folk metal to garner an opinion about it. He, however, has listened to alot of deathcore, and should be comfortable enough to answer my question.

I would say I have listened to more folk metal than he has deathcore. but thats besie the point.

but the thing is its not as easy as just answering the question. you asking something that we could never know unless we were their.

name one of your favorite bands. now tell me what you wouldnt like about them if you didnt like them?
how should you know?
you like the band, so how are you going to say what you might not like?
Quote by wh0racLe
you're assuming i'm some "tr00 metal purist" which i'm not. I just think most nu-metal, metalcore, and deathcore bands suck and are bastardizations of metal.

they are made to appeal to non-metal fans.

No.
I don't think that.
I'M the true purist.

You are imitation canned meat trying to be something you're not.
Nu-Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore WHAT EVER CORE has NOTHING TO DO WITH METAL.
YOU are THE bastardization of Metal.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
No.
I don't think that.
I'M the true purist.

What am I trying to be?
Quote by VampireGoldfish
No.
I don't think that.
I'M the true purist.

You made me spill my coffee.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I would say I have listened to more folk metal than he has deathcore. but thats besie the point.

but the thing is its not as easy as just answering the question. you asking something that we could never know unless we were their.

name one of your favorite bands. now tell me what you wouldnt like about them if you didnt like them?
how should you know?
you like the band, so how are you going to say what you might not like?

I'm actually going to answer your question.
One of my favorite bands is Atheist. I could say that they were pretentious, and favor technicality and theory over more effective simplicity. It's a hypothetical situation, hypothetical being an imaginary situation, so just use your imagination.
The funny thing is, you're answering his questions for him.
Quote by wh0racLe
What am I trying to be?

Something your stupid generation X mentality can never grasp.
Should have never left radio boy.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
But like I said, my precious dear internet community, I could not care less.

Have fun on your imaginary thrones.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
It makes me wonder why you idiots are still arguing about deathcore and whether or not it's true. Let the deathcore people have their deathcore thread, and bugger off. Black metal has it's own thread, let deathcore be. I like The Faceless, and that's about it.
Quote by ieatu
I'm actually going to answer your question.
One of my favorite bands is Atheist. I could say that they were pretentious, and favor technicality and theory over more effective simplicity. It's a hypothetical situation, hypothetical being an imaginary situation, so just use your imagination.

but how do you know thats what you wouldnt like?

it might be the vocals you dont like.

it could be you dont like death metal at all.

you cant say. you would only know there and then in this hypothetical situation.

A better way of putting it may be
What reasons can you think of for someone else not liking them.

(but for what its worth good call on Atheist, Im realty getting into them of late.
Quote by ieatu

Because i wasn't on the forums

So basically i have to answer why YOU wouldnt like it, and in that case, im not you, and i cant answer why you wouldnt like it. Why does anyone like or not like x band? Its all just their opinion, something which nobody else can answer for them. I personally like everything about the genre.
I'd contribute to the argument, but dead-fish and VG have already said everything I'd have to say.

wh0racle: Deathcore is allowed here because greety and bo decided that it was acceptable. Now, they have both stepped down since, and Dyer's may very well change that if he wants, but for the time being it's still allowed here. If you don't like it, or if it doesn't make sense to you, well, tough shit. It make perfect sense to just about everyone else here.

Now, anywho, The Red Chord kick ass. And I want their new album to come out. And if you don't like The Red Chord, kill yourself.
Quote by Scourge441
I'd contribute to the argument, but dead-fish and VG have already said everything I'd have to say.

wh0racle: Deathcore is allowed here because greety and bo decided that it was acceptable. Now, they have both stepped down since, and Dyer's may very well change that if he wants, but for the time being it's still allowed here. If you don't like it, or if it doesn't make sense to you, well, tough shit. It make perfect sense to just about everyone else here.

Now, anywho, The Red Chord kick ass. And I want their new album to come out. And if you don't like The Red Chord, kill yourself.

Agreed. Even on The Red Chord part.
I drink your milkshake.