Page 5 of 957
The whole "THIS AIN'T TR00 MEHTULZ GRRRR HEARING PEOPLE PRAISE GENRES I DON'T LIKE MAKES ME ANGRY FOR SOME REASON" attitude kind of gets redundant after a while. Pretty pointless, eh?
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
but how do you know thats what you wouldnt like?

it might be the vocals you dont like.

it could be you dont like death metal at all.

you cant say. you would only know there and then in this hypothetical situation.

A better way of putting it may be
What reasons can you think of for someone else not liking them.

(but for what its worth good call on Atheist, Im realty getting into them of late.

That actually is a better way to phrase this question.

So, hey, ummm, andyscoot, What reasons can you think of for someone else not liking the genre, Deathcore? Reasonable reasons, not the bullshit I was saying.
(And yes, Unquestionable Presense changed ma loife. Everything about it was just so perfect, and I was in total amazement of that album. And Piece of Time is even more aggressive..Anyways, back to the elitist halls of Sugar Fairy Troll Mountain, where we are all going to pound each other in the ass while singing Human lyrics. SUICIDE......MA CHINE.
Its quite hard to say since every person is unique, but ill give it a shot.

You might not like the breakdowns? The vocals? The guitar riffs? I don't really know why someone wouldnt like it, since one person could love it and another could hate it.
Quote by ieatu

(And yes, Unquestionable Presense changed ma loife. Everything about it was just so perfect, and I was in total amazement of that album. And Piece of Time is even more aggressive...

Intrestingly It was AndyScoot who got me into Atheist a few weeks ago.
Ive got Unquestionable Presence and Elements.
so I suppose apart from Demo's and the Live album ive only got Piece of Time left to get. I realy love and The Psychic saw.
Quote by andyscoot
Its quite hard to say since every person is unique, but ill give it a shot.

You might not like the breakdowns? The vocals? The guitar riffs? I don't really know why someone wouldnt like it, since one person could love it and another could hate it.

Would you call that person an elitist for those reasons?
Quote by ieatu
Would you call that person an elitist for those reasons?

You didn't state those reasons though did you...
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Intrestingly It was AndyScoot who got me into Atheist a few weeks ago.
Ive got Unquestionable Presence and Elements.
so I suppose apart from Demo's and the Live album ive only got Piece of Time left to get. I realy love and The Psychic saw.

Why don't you guys make an Atheist thread if there isn't one already(Wouldn't doubt it). I mean, I know you guys like deathcore and all, but you guys were asking for it. :/
And that is funny. And I do too. Man, that album is one of the few albums where I actually found myself reading and liking the lyrics.
Quote by andyscoot
You didn't state those reasons though did you...

If I were to state those reasons now, would you have a probelm with it?
*sigh*

This has gotten blown way out of proportion.

There is no such thing as "true metal." Anything could be metal, whether you like it or not.

Lets get back on topic people! If you don't like it, then post in the "true metal" threads. You aren't changing anybody's mind with pointless bickering.

So, what are some good recommendations for underground deathcore bands that not a lot of people know about?
As Winter Burns White
Disfiguring the Goddess
Dissever the Tyrant
Mortuus
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
You could try Fit For An Autopsy and I'm pretty sure many have not heard of Bleed From Within, but that could be my own crazy imagination. OH and Thy Art is Murder.
I drink your milkshake.
Most of the good bands in the genre are already quite well known though.

Oh I've forgotten two bands: No Consequence & Lost in Remains
Quote by ieatu
If I were to state those reasons now, would you have a probelm with it?

No, but those aren't your real opinions. This argument has ended, you dont like the genre, i do. Please leave the thread to me and fellow fans of the genre to discuss it. Thank you
Did Catalepsy really turn Nu-metal though?
I'm really scared to listen to their new song.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Did Catalepsy really turn Nu-metal though?
I'm really scared to listen to their new song.

But it's metal, so it really shouldn't be a probelm.
Anyone going to the Never Say Die tour in October? I can't bloody wait.

Quote by ieatu
But it's metal, so it really shouldn't be a probelm.

I don't dig it. I just listened to it.

EDIT: To the people, still arguing this was from the guy Unfathomable_Bio that made the Official Rec Thread.

So called "Deathcore"

Many regulars to this forum like to use this term to poop on mostly American bands who play a variation of the US slam style death metal but containing hardcore influenced breakdowns. The rules on this forum are strict enough already without us mods having to close Waking the Cadaver, Suicide Silence and numerous other band threads, these bands are more than welcome here, in fact I'd encourage some open-mindedness amongst you lot. Bands from across the globe have been putting breakdowns and mid paced groove riffs in their songs without being labelled "deathcore" for years, Gojira from France being the first band that springs to mind, yet if they moved to California and wore baggy jeans I bet some of you would suddenly change your minds haha. I re-iterate: Deathcore is a fallacy, there is no such thing, you don't have to tack a -core on the end of a style of metal that you don't like/is getting vaguely popular amongst our fringed comrades. I'd wager a lot of money on the fact that in a few years time, when these types of bands aren't in the midst of a little fad, that they will be accepted as death metal, and this silly Micky Mouse term will disappear, so if you want to be open minded about metal music, forget about "Deathcore" now because its gonna be forgotten anyway.

So yes, Deathcore is allowed here.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by technicolour
*wall of text*

Agreed
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Bury Your Dead are crap.

They own
Quote by wh0racLe
It belongs in this forum as much as Nu-Metal or Metalcore does.
Nice rebuttal, I tear your argument apart and this is all you have?
Wow.
5 pages.
Amazing.

Severed, "that guy, unfathomable_bo"
He used to be a green level mod Have some respect

Anyone else in Aus seeing that Arch Enemy are touring, with Suffocation and Winds of Plague as support?
So keen
I herd yew liek deathcore

Anyone (besides Maggy) heard of Her Body Twitches? It's actually a local band that my friend is in, but they've played some pretty beastly shows, including one with Decrepit Birth
http://www.myspace.com/herbodytwitches

They're just a 3 piece right now, but it still contains an ex member of KillWhitneyDead, and their drummer plays on WhiteChapel's old kit now
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 30, 2009,
My two cents:

There are a number of different types of music that all employ Death Metal and breakdowns of some form.

There are the Brutal Death and Slam Death bands, a lot of which suck unfortunately, as there are a few stand-outs, but the rest are half-assed imitations.

Then there are a few groove-oriented DM bands like Gojira that like to throw in a breakdown every now and then for good measure.

Now, we finally arrive at the group where most everyone gets confused: The Death Metal / Metalcore combination.

There is a very, very distinct difference between the two types of bands in this group, and it has to do with the maturity of the songwriting. In the most basic sense, it is how the band uses breakdowns- are they an integral part that drives the songs or are they employed occasionally for contrast, to change up the song? Beyond the difference in breakdowns, you can simply tell the two types apart just by listening.

The latter type can be lots of different things, depending on the style the band plays in and the extreme music subgenres they combine, whether it's simply Death Metal/Metalcore, or Technical Death Metal/Grindcore/Metalcore, or Technical/Brutal/Progressive/Industrial Death/Black Metal/Grindcore/Chaotic Hardcore/Metalcore (kidding on that last one ).

Death Metal/Metalcore resembles its Metal and Metalcore influences (by Metalcore I refer to the legit, Hardcore-rooted type, as I ever-so-not-briefly expounded on in my recent radio) and makes music with integrity that adds and contributes to the future of extreme music.

The bands of the former type (refresher: breakdowns are an integral part) are simply called Deathcore, because every band employs a wry and one-dimensional formula: lots of boring, bad breakdowns, bland and uninspired riffs, annoying vocals usually consisting of laughable growls and/or loltastic inhales. Every band is a clone of another band, just trying to ride the trend.

Even the very 'best' of Deathcore- Born of Osiris, for example, despite trying to be all technical and interesting, still make the error of pounding you with boring breakdown after boring breakdown, destroying any kind of flow their songs may have had (now, this could potentially change with the new album, but I'm skeptical of the hype; maybe they'll stop being Deathcore, but I doubt it will be much more interesting than your average Technical DM, but that is a discussion for another time, anyhoo)

The Faceless, The Red Chord, Glass Casket, Into the Moat, to give a few examples, are not Deathcore; they belong in the first category.

A lot of Deathcore's faults also apply to the 'bad' kind of Brutal and/or Slam Death, and hell, most subgenres to be completely honest, as there are a lot of poor imitators that accomplish nothing everywhere you look. The difference is that 'Deathcore' is a tag applied specifically to all of the bad and useless imitator bands within the 'Death Metal + Metalcore' umbrella. In other subgenres, the bad bands are simply weeded out because they suck. What confuses me is that some people specifically seek out Deathcore, the bad bands in the umbrella. Poor taste/standards + being misinformed, I guess. I hope what I'm trying to say here makes at least a little bit of sense.

I'm all for discussing DM/Metalcore here in the Metal forum, but honestly, I really don't see the need to discuss Deathcore in any forum. Just let it die already. The sooner 'fans' realize it's a worthless 'genre', the sooner Deathcore bands will stop springing up and instead embrace a super new cool fad like Crabcore

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the problem I have with Deathcore. Sorry for the wall o' text.

Have a nice day
^Lappo, shut up. So sick of your "I don't like it, it's a fad, therefore it's not worthy of existing" attitude. The Faceless used to be deathcore and telling yourself otherwise is a bigger waste of time than trying to fly on wings of lead.

Shin:
They sound like new Aborted
Not neccesarily, a bad thing.
Last edited by Magero at Jun 30, 2009,
^HBT?

@ Crabcore. You're referring to that vid from Attack! Attack! aren't you?

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Fans of technical/melodic deathcore should check out Conducting From The Grave if you don't know 'em.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by Lappo

I'm all for discussing DM/Metalcore here in the Metal forum, but honestly, I really don't see the need to discuss Deathcore in any forum. Just let it die already. The sooner 'fans' realize it's a worthless 'genre', the sooner Deathcore bands will stop springing up

And the sooner you actually talk to a deathcore fan, the sooner youll realise its not a fad. We're fans of it because it sounds good, not because its trendy. We look after our image, therefore we only like whats trendy? Nah, we just dont want to look like a tramp ala average Metalhead
I look like an average metalhead. I like deathcore.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
I look like a pretty average metalhead. I love deathcore. I love trance. I love post rock. Image don't mean shit.
I know scene kids who love Decrepit Birth, but no, they're not a scene band.
Quote by Magero
^Lappo, shut up. So sick of your "I don't like it, it's a fad, therefore it's not worthy of existing" attitude. The Faceless used to be deathcore and telling yourself otherwise is a bigger waste of time than trying to fly on wings of lead.

No, they weren't.

They played Technical DM not much unlike what they play now, just with the breakdown now and then, and less solos.

I'd suggest you actually read my post.
Quote by Magero

Well, at least he explained his reasoning. Lets just leave it at that...

Checking out Born of Osiris right now...
Quote by Lappo
No, they weren't.

They played Technical DM not much unlike what they play now, just with the breakdown now and then, and less solos.

I'd suggest you actually read my post.

I did "actually read your post". You make the exact same claims in every thread related to deathcore, or where deathcore comes up and it all boils down to;
"I hate deathcore. It's all a scene fad. It's not worth of existing."

It's not a claim to disliking the genre, it's a claim of the genre being worthless.

It's called an opinion. Learn it. Just 'cause you don't like it, doesn't mean it's worthless.

EDIT: The Faceless' first album was deathcore with a prog edge. An Autopsy, Leica, All Graves and Pestilence all show significant deathcore influences and riffs.
Last edited by Magero at Jun 30, 2009,
Knowing the majority of deathcore bands are sub-par, anyone else has soft spots for them?
I actually really like Elysia and Emmure.

AND WITH YOUR EYEBALLS BOILING
WHO'S THE FUCKING FAGGOT NOW
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jun 30, 2009,
So yeah... how 'bout that non-scene non-trendy deathcore?

Good stuff, man!

Didn't I hear ASP has a new record out? And that they actually vary their breakdowns in it?

Stupid name.

Lol.
If you're referring to Awaken the Dreamers. Avoid like a rage virus infested chimp.
Entire album is one huge breakdown with 4 interludes and sweeps.
Point.
Less.