Is it just me or have schecters became extremely expensive? I was looking on US sites and a C1 is about $450 (£300)! Here it has gone to £600 min!
that's because the tax rates are different and they consider shipping outside america expensive although it costs more to ship them to america
Are you sure you were looking at the same series of C1? And guitars tend to be cheaper in the US.
The exchange rate is pretty horrendous atm as well. Most if not all brands prices have gone up over the past 6 months or so.

Edit: If the price is putting you off a C1 you might want to look at the Washburn X50pro - they are almost the same spec.
Last edited by zhilla at Jun 30, 2009,
Paid +1000$ for my Schecter Tempest Custom because i live in Europe. They are like 600$ in the US
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
Last edited by IsmokeDope at Jun 30, 2009,
They're pretty cheap used. Got my C1 Classic for £300, and bought/sold a C1 Hellraiser for £250.
This is why ever UK-dwelling person should go Washburn.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
^ +1. well, if you like them, anyway.

schecters were always pretty expensive here. ditto esp and ltd. Though it's got worse recently, certainly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Frankly the only brands that are reasonably priced in the UK now are the smaller and UK-based brands like Fret King, Vintage, etc.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1. well, if you like them, anyway.

schecters were always pretty expensive here. ditto esp and ltd. Though it's got worse recently, certainly.

gotta agree with you there Dave. ive seen some LTDs going for £1300 which is ridiculous as its supposed to be a 'lower' end brand. and ESP claim its affordable. Alot of the LTDs are overpriced for what you get but people on this forum love them for some reason.

With Schecters the best time to buy would have been when Sound Control was the Distributor and selling them at a huge loss, where they were $700 in the US they would sell for £400 in the UK.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Yes is the simple answer. Blame the economy, I ended up paying over £150 more for my Blackjack cos it wasnt it stock when i first had the money, but when it was in stock the economy and like gone to ****
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Well.
I paid 1400 to get my C1 into Canada, then shipped to my music dealer.

I t'was the sea green one, they didn't have any in stock anywhere, and when it finally came available, there obviously wasn't any in Canada =p

They only brought over 3 to the warehouse in Montreal.

I think you have it pretty good =p
Quote by MrFlibble
Frankly the only brands that are reasonably priced in the UK now are the smaller and UK-based brands like Fret King, Vintage, etc.

yeah, pretty much. to be honest, i'd have always said they were the best value (i'm not a major fan of vintage, though, any i've tried anyway, it's possible we get the rejects over here in NI ) even before the economy and exchange rate went to crap, but it's far worse even now. If you're willing to search, you might still find the odd washburn at the old prices, but even they're not as good value as they used to be.

Quote by nav00
(a)gotta agree with you there Dave. ive seen some LTDs going for £1300 which is ridiculous as its supposed to be a 'lower' end brand. and ESP claim its affordable. Alot of the LTDs are overpriced for what you get but people on this forum love them for some reason.

(b) With Schecters the best time to buy would have been when Sound Control was the Distributor and selling them at a huge loss, where they were $700 in the US they would sell for £400 in the UK.

(a) yeah. I don't mind americans' liking of them- they're reasonably-priced in the states, that's fair enough (ditto schecter, to be honest). £1300 is taking the piss, though. I tried an ec1000 (pretty much top of the LTD range) a while back, and it was a nice guitar no doubt, but the price on it was like £900- and that was before the economy, exchange rate and prices went to hell. No way it was worth that, and it probably costs even more now. I imported an edwards, which is a nicer guitar in my opinion, for around half that, and I think it's a better guitar. granted, the edwards is much more like a "real" LP, so it's not really comparing like with like- but even comparing the less subjective things, the edwards has a much higher spec. my edwards has a one-piece body and neck, while both the neck and body on the LTD were 3-piece. I'm aware that 3 pieces can equal more strength in the neck (even still I'd say it's probably more due to cost-cutting than design), but in the body?

(b) yeah, probably. Although the problem with that is that at that time you could get a washburn x50pro for £300 (and often the wi65pro for £250), both of which had, arguably, a better spec. As long as you didn't just love the schecter neck profile (or hate the washburn one), of course.

Plus you had to buy from sound control. some of the guitars I've tried in sound control were in horrible condition.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 30, 2009,
thanks for that, mr stiglitz, but it's a little more complicated than that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In the UK due to the exchange rate prices have really gone up. I was lucky enough to have the money to buy before everything went up. Some of it is the manufacturers pushing the prices up even further though.
Yeah i do remember going into sound control and seeing a rep telling the manager that he needs to hire compitant staff, it made me laugh alittle. But i always got put off in their milton keynes store because the guitars were never set up. Played a really nice schecter in there then when i put it up on the stand and talked price with the kid working there i saw some kid pick it up and drop it.....there was a huge dent in it and a crack in the paint and the kids mum screamed at the guy in the store,

but sound control were really bad, sadly reverb werent much better. But schecters are better to pick up off ebay these days. Plus washburns have always played better to me
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
yeah, i always preferred washburn, too.

i know about the staff. I actually never had a problem with the sound control staff the few times I was in sound control, but some of the guitars were in really poor condition, I don't see why anyone would buy them. I always think, you can pay minimum wage (or close to it), but you're going to get minimum wage-quality work...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?