Looking for a fast but not too complex solo. I can play sweet child of mine solo (all 3 or whatever), and comfortably numb's solo1 and most of solo 2. The thing is that I cant nail this 1 run in solo 2 of comfortably numb. Its the second of 4 runs thats giving me a bit of trouble so I thought I'd try something else for a while.

A solo around that speed (Numb solo 2) or a little faster is what I would like to try my hand at...
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Dragonforce - Through the fire and flames.

On topic...

Listen to music you like. Some songs you'll get a good feeling from and will be insipred to learn them. Anything could be suggested, but if you don't like it, there's no incentive to stick at it.

To sum up, listen to tracks you like and learn the part.
Coming Back to Life by Pink Floyd is full to the brim with amazing solos of that speed.
Pantera - Floods

Pantera- the Sleep

these 2 solos are a couple that give me chills and goosebumps that are not too complex to play.
Whole Lotta Love solo is pretty fast and not complicated at all.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
metallica- one
Metallica- fade to black
Stevie ray Vaughan- pride and joy
Stevie ray Vaughan- crossfire
iron maiden- number of the beast
pretty much any song ever made by iron maiden would fit in here too.

[Edit]: ah. GT_Baller beat me to that one, i see.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
Last edited by Fender52604 at Jun 30, 2009,
Iron Maiden solos are often faster than Comfortably Numb by more than a little bit.
Quote by Vlasco
Iron Maiden solos are often faster than Comfortably Numb by more than a little bit.

yes, but i find a pink floyd solo to be more challenging than an iron maiden solo, for some reason. i guess its just because david gilmour is a god amongst men.
Quote by wlcm2themachine

Quote by ChemicalFire

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
Quote by clyne39
Whole Lotta Love solo is pretty fast and not complicated at all.

I was going to suggest this, it's a good solo to play and not too hard.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
They´re harder in a musical sense, definitely. There´s a ton of nuance in his playing that takes a lot to nail down.

The Maiden solos may be easier because all they take are some practice, but I don´t think the TS can play at that speed yet anyhow if the speed of CN´s second solo is pushing his speed.

And to the TS, make sure you really put a lot into Comfortably Numb, think about every note. Listen carefully to how Gilmour plays each note, and watch lots of different live performances also to see how it varies. There´s a lot to learn from every PF song, much more so than the speed involved.
i cant believe noone has mentioned this yet:

you could go with any song AC/DC ever wrote. angus young solos are always a TON of fun to play, and they're so easy that you really dont even have to think about them at all.
Quote by wlcm2themachine

Quote by ChemicalFire

MY GEAR:
Quote by Fender52604
yes, but i find a pink floyd solo to be more challenging than an iron maiden solo, for some reason. i guess its just because david gilmour is a god amongst men.

technically they're not hard but to get the feeling and emotion out of them gilmour does is the challenge
Buckethead- Welcome to Bucketheadland.
NOT Park Theme.
It has a pretty easy lick in there, that he just repeats and shifts to different notes. Shouldn't be too hard.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The thing is I basically listen to the blues and alt. rock. The leads that I can nail are (usually) not challenging. Those that are challenging are a bit outta my league. I was looking at something outside of what I usually listen to...
Quote by piop
Dragonforce - Through the fire and flames.

On topic...

Listen to music you like. Some songs you'll get a good feeling from and will be insipred to learn them. Anything could be suggested, but if you don't like it, there's no incentive to stick at it.

To sum up, listen to tracks you like and learn the part.

Speed wise, I can play faster than the numb solo...
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Last edited by hitman_47 at Jun 30, 2009,
blues, eh? ever listen to the john mayer trio? he's got some solos worth learning, specifically 'good love is on the way,' considering what you're looking to do here.
Quote by wlcm2themachine

Quote by ChemicalFire

MY GEAR:
Quote by Fender52604
blues, eh? ever listen to the john mayer trio? he's got some solos worth learning, specifically 'good love is on the way,' considering what you're looking to do here.

What this guy said.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Yeah, I've listened to quite a bit of John Mayer but never that particular song... also, someone said Pride and Joy, SRV is way way outta my league right now... He's like my idol man, the day I can play his ****... fuck, thats the day I can claim to play the guitar a bit...
Quote by jpnyc

some zeppelin
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Ffor blues influenced solos.....any stevie ray Vaughan, led Zeppelin, Hendrix, ac/DC
Quote by hitman_47
Yeah, I've listened to quite a bit of John Mayer but never that particular song... also, someone said Pride and Joy, SRV is way way outta my league right now... He's like my idol man, the day I can play his ****... fuck, thats the day I can claim to play the guitar a bit...

i would DEFINITELY recommend that song for you then, man. its a pretty simple, yet awesome solo, provided that you have a wah pedal. even if you dont, its still a lot of fun to play anyway. there's really nothing fast about the song at all, but it is still kind of upbeat, so it may take you a few tries to get the main riff and everything up to speed, but once you do, the entire song is just a blast to play.
Quote by wlcm2themachine

Quote by ChemicalFire

MY GEAR: