Yesterday i played for an hour playing the same way ive been playing all my life. 3 hours after playing my hand started hurting, only the area circled in the pic, ive played fro 5 hours straight and it has never happened before..should i continue playing or stop playing until the pain goes away. So it hurts whenever i grab something that resembles a guitar neck

BTW this is not my hand

EDIT: its my fretting one the one that hurts
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Last edited by devit at Jun 30, 2009,
take it seriously. stop playing or youll end up like me-( explained on profile)
are u seriuse? well it seems u had more conditions than me, its a small burning sensation more than pain in there
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
yeah but do i stop playing a couple of days?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
sounds like you've been doing to much masturbating mate (naughty boy)
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
sounds like you've been doing to much masturbating mate (naughty boy)

This

I would suggest taking it easy for a day or two to see if the pain goes away

Jacek -- Sorry to hear that man...
hmmm, sometimes after an intensive practice session my right hand will cramp and hurt the next day. However it gets a break from playing whilst at school so is normally ok the next night. Bassically, find out what causes the pain...such as strecthing for barre chords etc and lay off that until it goes.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
my sister is a dr. i talked to her she told my im pressing the frets too hard (i got really into the song yesterday) and told me to stop playing for a while
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
My wrist is killing me atm, went doctors today and have to have an X-ray

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
stop until it doesnt hurt at all and wait some 2-3 days extra to be sure, and allways warm up before playing
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard