I bought this ESP LTD a week or so back, and after getting it I've had persistent fret buzz on the 1 st fret on the 6th string. I tried fiddling around with the bridge, neither raising it nor lowering it had any effect. I'm really getting pissed of by it. Is there anything else I should try before asking for a replacement under warranty?
You bought a guitar that you knew had fret buzz?

Others will have more constructive criticism. But I thought that was weird.

But ****, you played it for a week, go get a new one if you can. But if this one felt good, maybe bring it in for a nice setup...
Quote by MetalHead916
You bought a guitar that you knew had fret buzz?

Others will have more constructive criticism. But I thought that was weird.

But ****, you played it for a week, go get a new one if you can. But if this one felt good, maybe bring it in for a nice setup...

Forgot to mention this-
The day I got it, a friend strummed it pretty hard. Buzz since then.
Also, I gave it to the shop.They lowered the strings to the extent that they graze the bridge pu when I pull the tremolo. But the buzz is still there.
I'm getting bombarded by fret buzz threads!
Bring for a nice set up at shop, should solve your problems.
Fret buzz normally comes from

(1) Lack of relief in the neck
(2) Action is set too low
(3) Guitar is being played too hard for the way it is setup

It can be a combination of all 3.

Failing that you are looking at uneven fretts etc

If it is new just take it back to the shop and let them take a look. If no joy then ask for a replacement.
Was this guitar brand spankin' new? If not, I would recommend changing the strings first then seeing if the problem still persists, as they could be old strings, and in my experience, old strings have accounted for some problems I've had in the past with my guitars.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
How do you adjust a truss rod?

Someone had to say it. No shame in not knowing though, I was like that once. I realize you came here for help and here it is: Put some time into learning how to set up your guitar. It doesn't take too long to learn and once you know how it will save you tons of money. Here's a list of things to learn how to do:

Adjust the truss rod
Adjust the string saddle height (String height)
Adjust the intonation

And that's the basic stuff. See, When you had the store lower the strings you were doing the opposite of what you should have done. Lowering the strings makes them go closer to the frets, Causing fret buzz. If you learn how to set up your guitar you won't have to pay the store to set it up. Makes sense to me.

If you really want to learn how to set up your guitar, Buy this book and read it. It even comes with templates to find the radius of your fretboard and to adjust your string height by. You don't have to read the whole thing at first, Just learn how to adjust the truss rod, string height and intonation.

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Guitar-Great-Softcover-Player/dp/0879306017/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246477596&sr=8-3
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
How do you adjust a truss rod?

To determine whether or not you need to adjust the truss rod, look down the guitar's neck from the top of the headstock at eye level. If it is completely straight from the top of the fretboard to the bottom, then you do not need to adjust the truss rod. If the neck curves upwards or downwards in the middle, then go ahead and read on.
On the headstock there should be a plate that has the model name on it. Unscrew the screws on it. Look inside the hole and you will see a circular metal rod with a hexagonal hole in the center. Use an allen wrench to move the truss rod left or right, right if the neck curves upward in the middle, left if the neck curves downward in the middle. Really, you should get a qualified maintenance person to do it, but if you think you understand how to do it, then go for it. Remember not to apply too much pressure on the wrench, or else you will cause permanent damage to the neck.