I'm about to get a '78 twin reverb, the 135 watter, and I wanna add a 2x12 cab. However, I remember reading about getting the ohmage load down, making it seem to be quite the task. Anyone using an extension cab with that amp? I'm afraid I'll blow it if I don't figure this out.
Aren't the extension cab outputs just 4 ohm??

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The jack says 4 ohm total load. The internals are plugged into a 8 ohm jack. So does this not create some weird impedance ?
Quote by Jahsoul
The jack says 4 ohm total load. The internals are plugged into a 8 ohm jack. So does this not create some weird impedance ?

I'm confuzzled. The internal jack is labeled 8 ohms? Thought they were 4 ohms...
I don't have one so can't say. I've just been reading threads. I did just look at a picture and believe the internals are 4 ohms and the extension speaker says 4 ohms as well...but i believe it also says something about total load impedance on it as well.
Why not see if you like the combo speakers first before you get a cab for it?

Also, do you like reggae? Just guessing from your username.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've got a range of music to cover. Some loud some not, so I'd like to be prepared. Plus the vintage to modern combo will make some sweet noise.

I do like reggae but jah are my initials.
It is best to plug into a 4 ohm cab. You can plug it into an 8 ohm, but then it may distort sooner at higher volumes. This is according to my fender owners manual.
Excellent. I'm just worried about the thing crappin' out. It's thirty years old so I don't wanna blow it out. I've mismatched impedance before, but some say it's terrible, but I've not had anything bad happen.