Hello perusers of the Original Recordings forum, could you listen to the tracks in my profile?

My first real recordings!

Crits please, on my playing and mixing and such, and be harsh if you need to. I must improve!

Thanks, all!
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
I'll take a listen to 'em.

Carpet Bomb-
The intro felt a little iffy, but then when you really got into the groove, I loved the solo and tone over the riffs as well as the riffs themselves. Recording quality was pretty good as well. Everything seemed well balanced. Though I hated that it cut off so suddenly.

Ph-unk-
This piece just felt good. Rock steady bass with good riffs played overtop. When you really got into the solo around :23 Your wah tone almost overpowered the rest of the audio with what I think is an octave bend, but from then on it was smooth sailing. The slow section seemed appropriately placed and I really like how you picked things back up with that little drum break.

Crit mine please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153573
The Pit. The Movie.
I'm listening to carpet bomb,
nice tones, nice leads, i like this track, it's dynamic!
what did you use for the drums?
the "bridge" thingy that comes at the end sounds promising, please post a full version in the future, i'm curious!

Ph-unk,
nice drums again, rythm tone is nice throughout, like the creamy part at around 00;43 a lot! it gets a little repetitive near the end, but still a good song!

Ode to a walrus,
Nice intro, i love it when the drums kick in, good lead in the beginning,
some nice licks you got going here , i like the strings that come in at 01;34 they could use some more volume though, i'm liking the build up around 02:00 mark
Nice bridge, lovely climax near the end!
I really liked your stuff, keep up the great work!

Feel free to take a listen to some of the stuff on my profile!
Quote by Spay
I'll take a listen to 'em.

Carpet Bomb-
The intro felt a little iffy, but then when you really got into the groove, I loved the solo and tone over the riffs as well as the riffs themselves. Recording quality was pretty good as well. Everything seemed well balanced. Though I hated that it cut off so suddenly.

Ph-unk-
This piece just felt good. Rock steady bass with good riffs played overtop. When you really got into the solo around :23 Your wah tone almost overpowered the rest of the audio with what I think is an octave bend, but from then on it was smooth sailing. The slow section seemed appropriately placed and I really like how you picked things back up with that little drum break.

Crit mine please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153573

Thanks, lad. Posted in your thread too. Propaganda is awesome!

Freth: I used EZDrummer. The greatest program ever to be invented.

Carept Bomb was actually supposed to end there, but with a little snare+symbal crash thing. It cut it off when i exported it for some reason. I think I weill go back and work that track further based on your observations.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Last edited by OldHairyOne at Jun 30, 2009,