Hi guys!
I'd like to get some opinion about the epi les paul goldtop.
I play mainly alternative,hard rock and punk.
Also,should i put a humbucker at the lead pickup position?
Amp? Budget?

Plus, it would be kinda hard to shove a humbucker in there without some routing, so yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Why not settle for a little less than a gold top? like an SG epi or something. but hey, i'm not your mom.
Its not that expensive a guitar(500$).
Ayway, i know that if i say what amp i got i'll be told to change it.
I've got a Line 6 Spider III.
Please, if you want to advice me about an amp, dont talk about stacks.
By the looks of things it won't be hard to get one with humbuckers already in it - much easier than getting a P90 one and changing it (unless you specifically want to keep one or both P90s)
if it has p90's you can't put a normal humbucker in it without paying somebody to route the guitar out. that'll cost more than it's worth alone. you COULD put a mini humbucker in the p90 spot, they're the same size. but mini humbuckers don't sound like normal full-sized ones. so it would be a trade off, but i think it would be pretty cool
I say keep the P90's style and replace them with some Seymour Duncan P90s in there. Dunno if Mini Humbuckers can fit, but if so, that's an option as well.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
You have a Spider III.....what's your current guitar?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
In that case why not get a new amp instead?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Firebirdz
cause i like the spider

You do now.
Go out and play some high quality amps and you'll notice the difference, it'll do your playing and tone good.
No, you don't. Not really.
Honestly, a Firebird should be more than adequate at doing punk, alt, and rock. If you aren't liking your tone with the Firebird, get a new amp.
Otherwise, I think your wanting to get a new guitar just for the sake of having two shiny guitars. If that's the case, I can only say don't do it, because having two guitars that play the same thing is useless. It's like having two Ferrari's. Yeah, it sure looks good, but sometimes it's nice having a car you can drive in the city with.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Thanks everyone.
I'm going to a store in a few days with the firebird and i'll try it with better amps,and so with the goldtop, and see which of them sound better
As far as the Goldtop goes, bear in mind they don't make them anymore. In fact they've not made them for over a year. So any you see still sitting around have been sat there for a long time - and there's probably something wrong with them or at the least it'll have been demo'd to death by now).

As far as pickups go, there's no point getting the Goldtop which has P-90s if really you're a humbucker user. Some pickup makers make humbuckers that fit in P-90 routings (Swineshead make two really good ones) but it defeats the point. Epi make the Slash signature Goldtop that has humbuckers as standard anyway (though then that costs more as it's a signature model).

All that said, don't bother buying a new guitar until you get a good amp sorted out.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
u could buy one with humbuckers and gibson makes humbucker sized P90's