Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
well they they do have a function, the right angled side goes into the guitar so incase you step on the cable, it wont accidently plug straight out of your guitar...and it works!
The straight one lets more tones come out of your guitar easier and the right one traps all the bad frequencies (i.e.; boomy bass, ice picky highs) and give you a more pure sound. Kind of like the trap of a sink.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
The straight one lets more tones come out of your guitar easier and the right one traps all the bad frequencies (i.e.; boomy bass, ice picky highs) and give you a more pure sound. Kind of like the trap of a sink.

I like to use a right angle on guitars with a front or side jack, because they get in the way less and are less likely to break when they get yanked. A straight one works better on a Strat though.

Also you should always, ALWAYS run the cable through the strap before you plug it in, no matter what kind of guitar or cable.
A right angle helps if you sit like i do, i put the guitar in between my legs and if i had a straight it would hit my leg.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!