OKay so i've been looking into buying a new guitar for a while now. I know I'm going to get a strat but i can't decide. as of now im choosing between these two. i play blues and indie rock and price is not an issue.

American Deluxe strat
I love the sound of the noisless pickups, but the i don't really think that the S1 system is all that special. also all the colors are just god awful.

American standard Strat.
I would switch out the pickups for Lace sensor golds. my concern with this is i have never switched out pickups before.

im looking for something with those great clean strat tones, nice and punchy.

so any thoughts?
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
Find a good guitar tech and get the pickups you want put in. I got two MIM Strats that I had Bareknuckles put in and they are pretty effing sweet. Make it how you want it.
In the Valley of Vung
a shop should swap all 3 pickups for under $100. So you'd probably be better off getting the standard, with the color you want, and the pickups you want. i've never installed pickups in a strat but they are really easy in a les paul and sg
yer id go with the standard switching pickups is easy(well get a pro to do it , that way if he f**ks up he pays) i got one switched on mine for £20ish and remember you have to look at this if you dont like the colour of it ull not play it
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by bumblu1
OKay so i've been looking into buying a new guitar for a while now. I know I'm going to get a strat but i can't decide. as of now im choosing between these two. i play blues and indie rock and price is not an issue.

American Deluxe strat
I love the sound of the noisless pickups, but the i don't really think that the S1 system is all that special. also all the colors are just god awful.

Ahem.

just throwing this out there but... even though it's probably the least important thing, if you hate the color now you'll always hate the guitar. just makes sure you get what you want! no matter what you put in it, it would still be the same color (without lots of trouble or being expensive)