Well, I'm sure as some of you know, Pat Metheny is one of the all time guitar gods of jazz. Right now, the Toronto Jazz is going on(Pat played at 2 night ago) and my father found an article in the Toronto Star which mentioned Pat Metheny's Luthier--Linda Manzer, who is a Torontonian. Anyway, I thought I'd just share a bit of stuff I've been looking at recently with you all.

Toronto Star Article

If you browse around the Manzer website, you'll see a "purchase" area. Take a peek at the price of a new archtop. You may just soil yourself. Manzer Website

Also, some of you may know the Pikasso guitar. She made it. From making the Pikasso guitar, she created a new shape called the "wedge" which allows for better comfort. The "Wedge". Now if someone mixes the Manzer wedge with Beneteau's arm bevel, I'll be in heaven. I'd also be able to play a huge guitar without any problems.

Anyway, here are some cool guitars:
The Manzer
The Cowpoke
Pikasso Guitar
The Bear(claw)

Hope you all enjoy my little blog on Manzer guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'll definately check this out after I get some lunch. Looks cool dude....

$45000???????????? Well, Canadian I would assume....but still

Ok, my curiosity got the best of me. This is really cool stuff! I like the idea of the wedge. Kinda like taking Leo Fender's idea of the elbow contour on Stratocasters and applying it to an acoustic
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jun 30, 2009,
Sorry, but no guitar really should be worth over 10K. :P
They do look great though!
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yay, someone else who admires Linda's work
I am an aspiring Luthier, and so I have to be up to date on the innovations individual luthiers (and players) make, and decide what is good enough to be attempted on my own instruments. While I don't build yet (tools are REALLY expensive...anyone wanna buy me a band saw?) I do repair, and love looking at guitars such as these.

And for all those who were saying that they were too expensive...i agree that none should really cost that much, but unfortunately, some of the woods used (especially exotic hardwoods that are also porous, which is _really_ hard to come by) are expensive to the point where the materials really do cost about 6,000 or so, and the rest is the work involved, which is a huge amount of time. So while I can't say I will ever make anything that will be sold for that much, nor would I ever be able to justify buying one, I know that the price itself is justified, even if a bit stupid.

Unless you've built one, you have no idea how much work goes into building a guitar...even just setting one up takes alot more effort than alot of people realize. After you finish a really nice acoustic I'm sure you feel like you deserve at least 10,000
Last edited by ReChord at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Baby Joel
Sorry, but no guitar really should be worth over 10K. :P
They do look great though!

True, however you gotta appreciate the workmanship. What you're really paying for is the labour and attention to detail, not the materials.

Quote by ReChord
Yay, someone else who admires Linda's work
I am an aspiring Luthier, and so I have to be up to date on the innovations individual luthiers (and players) make, and decide what is good enough to be attempted on my own instruments. While I don't build yet (tools are REALLY expensive...anyone wanna buy me a band saw?) I do repair, and love looking at guitars such as these.

I'm counting on you to build me a guitar one day.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I'm counting on you to build me a guitar one day.

Deal.
Third!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray