Hey guys,

i need help in gettin a new overdrive pedal, i dont really care about too many things its just that i want it to be no more that 100$, and it has to work well with bluesy stuff

i dont like ibanez that much, so i wouldnt buy a tubescreamer, i think its really overrated

and wats the difference between analog and digital effects?? and which is better

Thanks for your help
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
how much would a fulltone ocd cost??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Deanguitarist39
digitech bad monkey or screamin blues. I have a thread on it. It's on the first or second page

dont advertise your threads
and with a budget of $100 he could get a Better one
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
So your not going to buy one of your best options because you don't like the company? Have you ever tried a tubescreamer?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
^This
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Digitech Hardwire CM-2?

Although, it is really just the same thing as an Ibanez Tubescreamer, but with more controls.

The Tubescreamer is THE overdrive pedal.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
tried the tubescreamer b4, didnt like it that much, and cos lots of people use it i think its a bit overrated
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Trust us, it is not overrated. Over used? Yes, but for a very good reason. It is more or less the industry standard and there are countless other OD's out there that are clones of the original Ibanez/Maxon TS808. There is also the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent OD. Cheap, but apparently great. It is a Timmy clone, if you didn't know.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Get a Tubescreamer, it's great. I've also heard good things about the Bad Monkey.
The bad monkey is really good. I have tried it out but I haven't tried out the tubescreamer. There both basicially the same. What amp are you using and what kind of music do to play?
i play mostly metal, and blues, but i do play any kind of music if i feel like it.
i have a crappy squier sp-10 that im hopin to replace soon.
and if guitars matter i have an ESP LTD alexi-200 and a squier strat
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I recommend the Danelectro Transparent OD. I have one and it's great.

Also look into the Danelectro Drive pedal. It's a very accurate clone of the Fulltone OCD. Check out the Youtube comparison video by a guy named germandude. You'll be amazed.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
MI Audio Blues Pro
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by EL2T
^ The one who may (or may not be) Jack Black!
Correct, his pedal reviews are great. Be sure to check out the one I mentioned.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION