I have a les paul. The intonation is good, but the bridge is lowered all the way and it still has kind of high action on the thinner strings. Help?
Is the bridge itself lowered, or is it the saddles? Cause you can lower them both.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
check to see if the neck is completely strait.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
if i look down at it when im playing its a bit twisted outward and it has horrible fret buzz
Quote by Tabassco
Is the bridge itself lowered, or is it the saddles? Cause you can lower them both.

On TOM you can't adjust the height of the individual saddles, you can only move them back and forth. You adjust the action by lowering or raising the entire bridge on either side.
It could be that your neck is warped, take it to a tech, It's easy to mess up if you don't know what your doing.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Adjust your truss rod.

Or read up about guitar repair to help identify the problem. (Recommended)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Adjust your truss rod, its really simple. Your neck is bowing towards the strings, thats why you have so much fret buzz. Find the truss rod wrench that came with your les paul take off the truss rod cover and turn it the desired direction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78OYJYDjlzU, just watch that. You dont need a tech and you wont mess up your neck as long as you dont over-do it.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I'm guessing your LP Copy has a bolt-on neck, correct? Chances are the neck to body angle is not optimal. With an arched top like the LP the neck must angle back away for the body in order to line up nicely with the TOM Bridge and still allow for enough adjustment. A lot of LP copies with bolt-on necks either have a bad angle or no angle at all and the neck sits high out of the pocket to leave room for the height of the bridge. Try posting a side view pic of the guiatr showing neck to bridge area.
Moving on.....
i will adjust the truss rod let me just get some pictures for KenG
Here they are
Yes it is a bolt on
Last edited by manny95er at Jul 2, 2009,
That's not too bad of a bolt on version. Perhaps a ashim under the bridge to increase the angle slightly will help!
Moving on.....