Hi

I just wanted to find out about these pickups, are they good? What are they good for???

I don't have a particular genre, I just want versatility, but I'm not too bothered about metal tones.

Thanks.
I've never tried those pickups, but don't double post and bump your thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Hot-gold Noiseless. SCN's don't really produce the characteristic sounds one expects from strats. I don't consider them an upgrade at all. They changed from the Plus models to the 2000 deluxe models and it's a great loss.
If I wasn't me, who else would I be?

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1
If the Vintage Noisless are anything to go by, they're ****e. They're not noiseless at all (I have an unshielded regular singlecoil that has less noticable noise than the fully shielded Vintage Noiseless pickup on the same guitar), they don't sound like singlecoils should (more like a stacked P-90 with the tone knob rolled down - very bad), they're all-round terrible.
If Fender is to be believed, the Hot Noiseless are the same just overwound for more output and a little more bass. That means in theory they will be probably even worse, at best they'll be just the same only louder.

So **** 'em.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I haven't liked any noiseless pickups I've tried, ever since my ear for tone got better. I've heard good things about Kinman pups though haven't tried em. I personally would recommend Fralin pups over anything Fender makes.
Last edited by stratman7 at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by chip46
Yeah, I'm not sure which Noiseless set is in the Eric Clapton sig but they lacked any kind of real strat tone.
The Vintage Noiseless are in his signature Strat.

He himself though uses Lace Sensor models which sound a little more Strat-like. Also he has a very powerful 0-25db mid boost that can change the tone from a full mid scoop to nothing but mids, plus of course he's got fantastic amps to back it up.

When you take away the top-quality amps and the mid control he has, the Vintage Noiseless pickups are very bad.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by chip46
^+1

I've got a set of Fralin Vintage Hot's in my partscaster. They are very versatile pickups, let me play everything from Elvis, early rock, and blues to Black Sabbath, AC/DC, punk, and modern rock. They cover the whole spectrum of rock and roll

And how much, per chance, would said pups go for?

Because I might end up with these in my Squier instead of Texas Specials
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
The boost clapton uses sounds god-awful IMO. Look up Cocaine at Crossroads, it sounds like ass.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The point of the boost is to make the pickups sound more humbucker-like, which it does, just.

Why he doesn't just man up and use humbuckers, I don't know. He's never been happy with singlecoils.

Either way, it's still a ****load better than the normal Vintage Noiseless sound...
Quote by Natrone
And how much, per chance, would said pups go for?

Because I might end up with these in my Squier instead of Texas Specials

I think I got mine on eBay for $230 if I remember correct, buy it now price, with free shipping. I was skeptical at first, spending that much money, but it was worth every penny. I'd buy Fralin pickups again if I had the chance. You can't go wrong with any of his stuff.
Quote by MrFlibble
The point of the boost is to make the pickups sound more humbucker-like, which it does, just.

Why he doesn't just man up and use humbuckers, I don't know. He's never been happy with singlecoils.

Either way, it's still a ****load better than the normal Vintage Noiseless sound...

No clue, he COULD just get a few sets of Lollars or something and stick them in his strat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by chip46
I think I got mine on eBay for $230 if I remember correct, buy it now price, with free shipping. I was skeptical at first, spending that much money, but it was worth every penny. I'd buy Fralin pickups again if I had the chance. You can't go wrong with any of his stuff.

Alright...uhh...there's no way I can justify a set of pups worth more than the guitar. Texas Specials it is!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Will do!

*writes down in mental notebook of mods to future guitars*

Oh, and.....

/threadjack
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray