Can you wire it without them? I can solder so I'm wondering if I can do it without them because I would have to order them online. If not I plan on just taking it to a shop.
Yeah, you could do it without them, but then you'd have essentially four volume pots. The capacitors is what makes the tone pots tone pots.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
ohhhhh ok thanks man. I thought I was gonna get attacked with "your an idiot" or something lol. Yea I just wanna see how it works cause it's a project guitar.
Quote by Electric Eye
ohhhhh ok thanks man. I thought I was gonna get attacked with "your an idiot" or something lol. Yea I just wanna see how it works cause it's a project guitar.
Trolling for insults? Okay, fine. You're an idiot.

Now that we have that out of the way...

Yeah, you could wire without the caps, but your tone controls will kill all sound when at zero. You'll dull the tone as the tone pots are dialed to lower resistance, but they'll be a bit touchy to use and will reduce the volume of the lower frequencies a bit, as well. Basically they'll be a pain to adjust.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
if you do that, just dont even wire in the tone pots, you'd be better off, it'd just mean you have 4 volume knobs instead of 2, which IMO is really pointless
Quote by kurtebirdi
if you do that, just dont even wire in the tone pots, you'd be better off, it'd just mean you have 4 volume knobs instead of 2, which IMO is really pointless
read my post, kid.

You wouldn't "just have 4 volume knobs." You'd have 2 volume knobs and 2 knobs that dull tone, but have some effect on volume, kill volume completely when at zero, and would be difficult to adjust.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.