When i play slide I've always had it on my ring finger, i learn't how to play chords, and shuffles, fretting behind the slide, and everything with it on there, but some of the lead work i've been trying to play recently that isn't all slide, has been pissing me off. so i tried using my pinky, like most of my heros *hound dog taylor, eric sardinas ect... and i just can't keep in tune.
anyone else have this problem?
what should i do to be able to use my pinky?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Use it more probably. How often do you use your pinky when not playing slide? Odds are you pinky just needs some work.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Yeah just use it more, i too started with the slide on my ring finger and then tryed with the pnky, it takes some time getting used to but it will come.
o now i use chrome/steel on my pinky and glass on my ring finger....
thanks guys.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I've gone back and forth too. Now I use my brass slide on my pinky nearly all the time. I can still pick, but more importantly it's easier to jump into rhythm mode and play open chords, or even barre chords with some careful muting.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.