Hi there guys~

I read that you are supposed to replace the vavles in your tube amp about every year..Is this true? What exactly are you doing by replacing this? Obviously I would'nt go about doing this myself, and My amp is only about 4 months old ( bought brand new). Thank you

-Doc
No, that's not true.

It depends on how much you use it. Generally, with a few hours use everday, you will need to replace power tubes after about 2 years, preamp tubes last about twice that.

By replacing them, you would change the tone a bit (as long as you're not using the same exact brand, though it still may change the tone slightly, not all tubes are made exactly the same, and your bias may be set a bit different). You will also have a working amp instead of one that produces no sound because the tubes are dead
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
its really easy to do if u can change a batery u can change a tube but really u dont half to every year just wen the tubes blow u half to
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
its really easy to do if u can change a batery u can change a tube but really u dont half to every year just wen the tubes blow u half to

Depending on what amp you have, it may need biasing; which isn't too hard, but does require some knowledge.

If you wait until the tubes blow, you've waited too long.
Quote by Doc Smiley
its a 100w Fender The Twin

I doubt you need to worry about t00bs for quite a while. But like they said above, it depends on how much you play. They can last a long time though. Like years and years long depending on use.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You should replace them regulary, about every year or two, depending on where you have the bias set, how much you use it, how loud you use it, if you use the standby switch. Replace them regulary, don't wait until they blow.