Alright, I'm looking into buying a new desktop computer

I'm not very picky with what I want on it

Things that i have decided I want for it

I want to be able to have 40+ gigs of music without sacrificing speed/without the stupid thing often crashing

I use photoshop quite often, but most PCs I've seen work fine with PS

Good enough graphic card for Diablo 3 when it comes out...and maybe a little bit of Counter Strike

I would prefer a computer that isn't very large in size (maybe an all in one type of computer?)

That's about it.

I'd prefer not to buy parts, and make it/ have it build for me because I wanna get credit from a store and just buy it like that.

If people could recommend specific models that'd be great.
go to a local store that is not part of a chain or if it is go to one that only has a few stores in a region and tell them what you are looking for and they should be able to help you find the computer you are after
A fellow Montrealer.

You can get a very decent barebones kit with quadcore CPU and a very decent videocard at tigerdirect.ca They ship everywhere in Canada.

What is your budget?
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by Swap-Meet
uhhh atleast 1,000$...probably up to 1500$

Holy **** a grand? I look somethings up for you.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4678028&CatId=4138

this will be good for the next decade. You can probably pic it up locally. Which part of MTL are you from?
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Holy **** a grand? I look somethings up for you.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4678028&CatId=4138

this will be good for the next decade. You can probably pic it up locally. Which part of MTL are you from?

No PC is good for a decade...
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I found the perfect one !

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I just did !

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by King Twili
No PC is good for a decade...

the i7 will be hight tier for a longtime. After 8 cores computer actually lose effeciantcy because all the cores are fighting for RAM and what not.

Next step in the computer world will be using fibre optics in CPUs instead of silicon and that won't be for a while. i7 is the way to go if your looking for a great computer that will last a long time.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
the i7 will be hight tier for a longtime. After 8 cores computer actually lose effeciantcy because all the cores are fighting for RAM and what not.

Next step in the computer world will be using fibre optics in CPUs instead of silicon and that won't be for a while. i7 is the way to go if your looking for a great computer that will last a long time.

The thing is i need to buy a PC from a place where I can get credit.
Quote by k1ng_pooh

this will be good for the next decade.

That's the most naive thing I've heard all week.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by k1ng_pooh

Remember back in the 70's? A certain Mr Bill Gates decided that 640kb of RAM was enough for anyone.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
For what you request in the OP, anything you buy in your local PC store will be sufficient.

Don't buy a Mac.
Quote by Swap-Meet
uhhh atleast 1,000$...probably up to 1500$

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0500000%23%230%23%2311a~~cabcat0501000%23%230%23%2329~~nf510||41737573&list=y&nrp=15&sc=abComputerSP&sp=%2Bbrand+skuid&usc=abcat0500000
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by k1ng_pooh

that's what they said about dual and quad cores ... actually what you stated is actually what went wrong with the AMD phenom.

but! ... intel is already working on faster 8-core processors and in late 2009 they'll be releasing a reduced version of the nehalem architecture running at 32nm.

and then, they'll create a new architecture, making the i7 obsolete.

no processor, desktop, laptop, or anything will stay up to date for 10 years. that's just stupid.
Sent from my iPad.