alright, I have a few questions but I'll start with my gear. I'm currently using a DKMG w/ EMG 81 85 pick ups through a boss metalcore to my 5w Blackheart Little Giant. I've been playing for a couple of years, mostly playing Metallica, Slayer, Killswitch, thrash kind of stuff and classic rock. I have a great tone for it, but I want to find some other tones that are pretty raw. Any suggestions on settings on the amp eq, eq pedal and or distortion?

My other question is for good classic rock settings on the EHX Metal Muff w/ Top Boost. I feel like this pedal just sounds too dry and shallow, and don't use it too much. Any suggestions on that one?

P.S. I can't get any good cleans with the DKMG and Blackheart because if it's just a little loud it starts to push the tubes, any fixes for that?

Thanks to all.
Quote by Nelsean
I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Shes smashed alone in a bed, and you're on the computer.

man fail

I refuse to learn Stairway to Heaven.
By "raw", I think you mean mid ranged.
If so, try some passive pick ups.
I have both actives and passives, and the tones of both (same woods) are very different.
New and old DKMG btw

For the cleans, maybe a volume booster? Or, you could just turn down your knobs...
Add mids for a "fuller" sound. Probably won't work too well with the 81/85 set though...
Didn't sound great when I tried when comparing it to passives.

Btw, it isn't that easy to work with the actives in other genres. Their usable, but not as versatile. They rock for metal though
Last edited by MannyC2107 at Jun 30, 2009,
yeah, I don't usually mess with the dkmg really for anything unless it's got some distortion. I have to say that my schecter c-1 is extremely versitile and as far as how it plays, i think its up there with the jackson in my opinion. i can go from a nice clean, to a deep distortion with the flick of a switch.
Quote by Nelsean
I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Shes smashed alone in a bed, and you're on the computer.

man fail

I refuse to learn Stairway to Heaven.