So i think this is going to be my next guitar. I have been trolling craigslist, ebay, and forums and have only found 2 that don't seem brand new, and they are the same price as the guitar brand new. granted they are sexy as hell.

From what i understand about the SE series, the newer ones are poorer quality. Where else should i be looking? I searched guitar center online, daddys junky music online, everything i can think of. Is there anywhere else to look?

I also have not played one yet, all i know is that i love the feel and sound of my other guitarists older santana SE, but i can't seem to find any older SE models anywhere....
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
still the same good quality man! no need to worry
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
the thing is, its not that the older ones are better quality, its that the quality overall is inconsistant. i have an older tremonti se and i think the thing plays really nicely. then my teacher in hs had a santana se and i though the quality was kinda shoddy. now both those guitars were made around the same time ('03-'04 i think) so time made isnt really the issue.

so what im trying to say is that you should play the actual guitar you are looking at before you buy it. some of these se models are nice, others are not. you have to try the exact one before you buy it.
the classic line, but... try to play it before you buy it. i've only played 2 SE models, one of which i ordered from sweetwater. but both guitars were AWESOME. having said that, they're made in korea and thats always questionable. but i've heard they're inspected in the US
thanks guys. yea it might be tough to play one before i buy it. i have yet to find a single used or new one in any guitar center, daddys, or local craigslist. i found an awesome blue matteo one and a gray and black one with a cream yellowish binding but they are just random dudes on harmony central.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I bought a PRS SE Singlecut earlier on this year and it is a great guitar. Nice low buzz free action and sounds good to. Give one a play and see what you think.
how safe would it be to buy one of these without playing it? I found a beautiful one with some nice upgrades

but its nowhere near me. i just want it to play like my friends santana SE. im worried it might be as people have said inconsistent.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
PRS have a reputation for quality to uphold so you shouldn't have too many problems on that side if you know how to setup your own guitars. The trouble is you can never tell until you buy the guitar if it is for you.
Problems with upgrades is that it means the guy thought it was nice and wanted to take it a step up, or thought it needed improvement and wasjust trying to make it usable.

From my experience with my singlecut se, it could use some better tuners and selector switch, along with a nicer/better cut nut. The pups were pretty good imo, people swap the stock pups out of pretty much anything these days.

I tried out a few, some wouldn't stay in tune, two had poor fret leveling. Lots of good ones though, I tired out basically every one in the store. if I had to buy one online I would, if it's a dud flip it and take the $30 loss on shipping
i own a 2007 SE singlecut... seriously good guitar for the money... low action and pretty decent pup's.... i played a SE custom and noticed a diference in the setup... i recommend that you test it before had...

but if you cant test it, get it... its really a nice instrument and theres nothing a nice setup by a shop cant fix