So i am in the market for a new amp. I am looking for something that has some good cleans (jazzy cleans to be exact), BUT has enough gain on tap to have a good hardcore sound. no mud please!

I will be using a Schecter C-1FR mostly.
I also have a Roland cube, and its decent at everything, but great at nothing. i can compromise a little on the cleans side, i guess.

would it almost be easier to just run like a A/B/Y setup kind deal? with a good hi gain amp, and a good cleans amp? i dont really wanna do that because it would cost me a fortune, so i was curious if anything came to your mind
Budget?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Budget?

ahh new i was forgetting something. I am looking to spend ohh, 500-1000 us dollars. the thing that came to mind was a MESA Mark IV, but i think that is a wee bit out of my range.

EDIT: what about a MESA Express 5:25 or 5:50?
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Jun 30, 2009,
if you can up your budget a bit, then try a Randall RM50 Combo with the Blackface and Plexi modules. the blackface is based off of the circuitry of the Fender Blackface and is pretty much the standard for clean tones. Likewise, the Plexi is based off of the Marshall Plexi. each module comes stock with 2 12AX7 preamp tubes. the combo also has a reverb tank built into it.

all together, it will cost about $1400, but it is an extremely versatile amp. if you want a new sound, you can pay $200 for a new module instead of $2000 for a new amp.

it is definitely worth checking out. if you have any questions, just ask.

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 30, 2009,
here is a site that has some great sound clips that will help you decide which modules to get, in the event you decide to get the Randall.

http://www.bandslink.com/randall.htm
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
if you can up your budget a bit, then try a Randall RM50 Combo with the Blackface and Plexi modules. the blackface is based off of the circuitry of the Fender Blackface and is pretty much the standard for clean tones. Likewise, the Plexi is based off of the Marshall Plexi. each module comes stock with 2 12AX7 preamp tubes. the combo also has a reverb tank built into it.

all together, it will cost about $1400, but it is an extremely versatile amp. if you want a new sound, you can pay $200 for a new module instead of $2000 for a new amp.

it is definitely worth checking out. if you have any questions, just ask.

Good Luck.

oh **** i forgot about those!!!!!!!

i will have to check those out for sure!
Quote by gregs1020

hmm the dual rec looks nice. have heard of a rocket. how well will any of these handle cleans?
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
oh **** i forgot about those!!!!!!!

i will have to check those out for sure!

PM DLrocket09 (i think that's his name), he makes amps and he might make one for you with Fender cleans and Brutal Distortion.

or go with the Randall or the amps Gregs posted
feel free to add me
For jazz cleans and br00t4l distortion I'd go with the Ampeg VH140c. The clean channel is supposed to be pretty much the Roland Jazz Chorus.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
PM DLrocket09 (i think that's his name), he makes amps and he might make one for you with Fender cleans and Brutal Distortion.

or go with the Randall or the amps Gregs posted

well i love me some distortion, but im not a fan of mud. i love to have as much gain as i want to, but i probably wont use all of it (besides a few fills that i want to be muddier then ****) I will have to give him a buzz.
dlrocket09 is not his name. i am interested in finding this charachter, so whats his user name?
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
hmm the dual rec looks nice. have heard of a rocket. how well will any of these handle cleans?

Not sure on the mesas, I have not played them recently enough to say. The XXX, JSX, and Diablo all have very nice cleans. Personally, I'm a fan of the Diablo, but I don't play enough metal to warrant buying one. I would consider a Black Pearl 30 though.

DLrocket89 is his name http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DLrocket89/
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 30, 2009,
Peavey Classic Series?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
Peavey Classic Series?

are they gonna have enough gain? i dont use a whole **** load of gain, but i am a fan of a hi gain amp with the gain turned down quite a bit. still has that bite, but isnt complete muddy crap.
with a overdrive pedal it will be able to.
what kind of music do you like to play?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
with a overdrive pedal it will be able to.
what kind of music do you like to play?

i like to play hardcore, and love cleans. and the last time someone told me "with an overdrive pedal" it was horrible tone. ill have to go try one, but if there isnt enough gain in the amp itself..ill have to pass on it.

im almost thinking just running a 5150 A/B/Y with a fender of some kind, and just flip amps for clean and dist. settings.
The best options mentioned so far are the JSX, XXX, and the Ampeg VH140c, IMO.

Although the Randall could work, as well as an F series.

The JSX was amazing.

Edit:

Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
i like to play hardcore, and love cleans. and the last time someone told me "with an overdrive pedal" it was horrible tone. ill have to go try one, but if there isnt enough gain in the amp itself..ill have to pass on it.

im almost thinking just running a 5150 A/B/Y with a fender of some kind, and just flip amps for clean and dist. settings.

See from what I've heard thats what the Ampeg is. Brootal distortion plus the close to JC-120 cleans. Sounds like a match.

You should try these out if you can.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by acdclandon
The best options mentioned so far are the JSX, XXX, and the Ampeg VH140c, IMO.

Although the Randall could work, as well as an F series.

The JSX was amazing.

Edit:

See from what I've heard thats what the Ampeg is. Brootal distortion plus the close to JC-120 cleans. Sounds like a match.

You should try these out if you can.

i will have to track one down. how dark are they? I have an Invader Bridge pup, and its a pretty bright pup. i dont want it to get too trebly, and a darker amp seems to come alive with that bright pup.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
i will have to track one down. how dark are they? I have an Invader Bridge pup, and its a pretty bright pup. i dont want it to get too trebly, and a darker amp seems to come alive with that bright pup.

I have no idea, never played just heard a lot about it.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
check ibanez_psycho's Ampeg VH140C clips
and its the most tightest amp ive ever played
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
check ibanez_psycho's Ampeg VH140C clips
and its the most tightest amp ive ever played

lol most tightest? i have to lol at your grammar on that one. and a few months back i was gonna get one of these heads (acually i think it was like a VH120C or somethin ...but ibanez said it was basically the same amp) for like 300 bucks...ibanezpsycho told me to buy it, i wouldnt be disapointed....and ya know what i did?.....i didnt buy it .

I will have to check it out tho...i was really pumped to get one a while back because of its dist..price..reliablity...now i wanna know how dem cleans sound.

EDIT: and now that i look at them more...they do have a resemblence to this...

https://00eb94e.netsolstores.com/ProductImages/rolandjc120.jpg

....kinda i guess
why??
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
why??

why didnt i buy it? cuz i didnt have a cab at that point, and found a good deal on a 5150 combo.. shoulda just got the ampeg

EDIT: any one know anything about the VL1002 ampegs?