I've heard the Ibanez is better for smoother classic rock and bluesy stuff, and that the Boss is better for higher gain stuff if I'm looking to boost.

I really want something in front of my JCM to give it that breakdownish edge

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
try the tubescreamer, unlike the sd-1, it doesn't color the sound.
Last edited by DeadlyIllness at Jun 30, 2009,
Budget??

Zakk Wylde uses a Wylde OD to boost his amp amd the Wylde OD is just a repackaged SD-1.
and look at modded versions too
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Budget??

Zakk Wylde uses a Wylde OD to boost his amp amd the Wylde OD is just a repackaged SD-1.
and look at modded versions too

up to like $100...but i'm more than likely looking used

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
The SD-1 is very thin, trebly sounding. I would NOT recommend it for anything heavy. It really is best for 'twangier' styles of music. Basically I use it with my neck single coil to emulate a neck humbucker. It can be very harsh if not dialed in correctly with the amp too.

The tubescreamers are more of a transparent boost. They fatten up the tone, while adding a little gain all across the EQ. I'd say if there is a freq. boost bigger than any other in these, it is probably the low end. These are more suitable for the heavy stuff, though without some preamp distortion they wont get much bite.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i used to own an SD-1 but didn't care for it as a boost, i now own a TS9 and it's much better.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
People seem to like the Digitech Bad Monkey around here, and it goes for pretty cheap.