Hello, I made this Stealth a couple months ago I will post pictures from start to finish. I used a Vertical Mill

The Mill

I used Maple because my school didn't have Mahogony and it was free. It is my first guitar ever so I made the mistake of putting the floyd route to close to the neck pocket. I am going to be starting over with Mahogony soon.
awesome.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
That's nifty... Good job.
How much too close did you route the Floyd cavity? And can you fix it (by plugging and re-routing perhaps?)
Quote by Pikka Bird
That's nifty... Good job.
How much too close did you route the Floyd cavity? And can you fix it (by plugging and re-routing perhaps?)

its 5/8ths off of where it shoul be, I would have to fill in the Pickup Cavities to, and the spring cavity. I figure i will just start over since I wanted it out of mahogony anyway.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Lookin' crazy good.
Hope you fit it with better hardware than those Dean copies are doing

when it is done it will have an original floyd rose in it, Grover 18:1 tuners, some nice pots, jack and toggle switch, Bill Lwarence L-500XL in Bridge and either a Dimetime in the neck or a Super Distortion.
looks good,
may i have a template please?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
you could trace it, then scan it for me
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I love the Washburn Dime's. Very nicely done!
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by nowa90

Mate, take it one at a time. I know what the building bug is like but you have like 5 other builds your wanting to start now to.

And TS, that looks pretty nice, you can fix the problem of the bridge by adding some wood into the neck pocket and move the neck 5/8" further back if you know what I mean.
Quote by guitarcam123
Mate, take it one at a time. I know what the building bug is like but you have like 5 other builds your wanting to start now to.

And TS, that looks pretty nice, you can fix the problem of the bridge by adding some wood into the neck pocket and move the neck 5/8" further back if you know what I mean.

Ya I thought of that but would it work to add onto the neck joint I have on there I fear it is'nt long enough.

I don't even have a scanner big enough. if I had money I would trace it and mail it to you.
yeah, that isnt a stealth... it a dean...well idk the name...

i wanna see a real steath build :'(
neckthru, single x2n... basic stuff, but oh so awesome...

but its isnt a strat, or a lp, so that makes it cool, lol
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.

Seems to me that a Stealth by WASHBURN did indeed have a couple pickups, not a single pickup... He got the name of the guitar right. Just because it isn't the Stealth you wanna see, does not mean it's not a Stealth.

stealth.

its the chuck schuldiner stealth, but bc rich did make the stealth first, since then everyone else has copyed it :/

i kinda like the bc rich one because its more curvy, now i like more warlock, but i think the bc rich stealth is a awesome shape..sexy

EDIT.
afaik rick derringer desnigned the body (most likly with bernie rico)
here is a pic of him and his steath, quite a old pic im sure.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Aug 22, 2009,
He's building a Washburn Stealth dude... If you were looking for a BC Rich Stealth after reading the title, you are kinda tarded. Then you proceeded to say what he is making isn't what he called it, which it is...
Quote by metal-matt
yeah, that isnt a stealth... it a dean...well idk the name...

i wanna see a real steath build :'(
neckthru, single x2n... basic stuff, but oh so awesome...

but its isnt a strat, or a lp, so that makes it cool, lol

I do believe you are referring to the BC Rich stealth... that's sweet too. The Washburn Stealth was basically the version of the ML that Dime designed with washburn.

And Jesus, its not a copy. Its basically the original dime model before Dean stole the shape and raped Dime.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Aug 22, 2009,
^^If i recall correctly Washburn bought the rights to the Stealth design from B.C. Rich
Quote by t heff
so perry how would u test the tightness of a pocket on a neck through? i mean if it can hold the wings to it then its ****ing amazing without glue
Dean ML
http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/bilder2/10/00/02/100002809xl.jpg

Washburn Stealth
http://www.javahandicraft.com/emg/custom/images/JVCE14.jpg

BC Rich Stealth
http://www.wmcmusic.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/C/S/CSTSO_hrw_1.jpg

The design of the BC Rich has nothing to do with the washburn or dean designs... I dont remember if dean or washburn made it first, i think dean.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by ViperCustoms
^^If i recall correctly Washburn bought the rights to the Stealth design from B.C. Rich

Then why didn't they use it...?