im new to making exact effets to songs but got a gig soon and would like to know how to get a good sound for helicopter by bloc party. I got a digitech hot head, boss me-6, zoom g1 and an equiliser. Any ideas what i could do with those to get this sound?

Thanks lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
It's not a particularly hard sound to imitate, to be honest... A Bridge singlecoil, moderate amount of british voiced gain, EQ leaning towards a more mid/treble boosted sound will get you in the ballpark. You haven't got the best gear but it's capable of a decent imitation.

Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmmm i havent heard the music.. but for helicopter try a flanger and tremolo picking

Quote by goldberg1138
Maybe a tremolo pedal on a very high setting with high gain on the guitar?

Both of you, find the nearest cliff, stuff your socks in your mouth, and jump off. Preferably feet first so you telescope your legs into your spine and die in immense pain.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
to get a real helicopter sound you need a digitech whammy set to 1 octave and a boss delay pedal set on slap back
Tremolo pedal with it set to square wave and high speed, high depth.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
thanks for the help i got it now and its sounding good. used a bit of flange and echo and sounds nearly like the song so thanks for the help.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's not a particularly hard sound to imitate, to be honest... A Bridge singlecoil, moderate amount of british voiced gain, EQ leaning towards a more mid/treble boosted sound will get you in the ballpark. You haven't got the best gear but it's capable of a decent imitation.

Listen to this man. Also some delay and reverb never hurt anyone, and several Bloc Party songs are fairly delay-heavy.
Quote by timi_hendrix

Yeah agreed. But they don't use British voiced amps - they use Hot Rod Deluxes / Devilles that are attenuated using a THD Hot Plate and sometimes a Marshall Powerbrake. Use your bridge pickup if you're not already
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
Il give these new suggestions a try 2morrow coz i wud do it now but its 22:10 in england right now bit l8 to be playing lol. i already had some reverb on but il try a bit of delay as well.

once again thanks for the help

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
thanks for the help i got it now and its sounding good. used a bit of flange and echo and sounds nearly like the song so thanks for the help.

Really? They dont use a flanger as far as i know, and theres only delay used in the outro.
The songs mostly just played with some distortion.

And lol and the people suggesting how to get a "helicopter" sound!

Heres the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEgZAfvCc8
Ok, guys helicopter is the name of the song, he's not trying to make a helicopter like effect
and TS, there is no phaser in that song, also you might want to use your EQ to boost the high mids
ive sorted it now and bassically i have this set up

Hot head>G1(flanger effect)>EQ>boss me6(delay and reverb) Got it sounding good now so il keep it like this.

Thanks for all of the help
Lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!