I'm currently collecting effects and the next on my list is a delay. I was thinking about buying a Boss delay. I'm not really sure what to buy since my local music store doesn't stock any variety that i could test out for quality. suggest a pedal? give reason why i should buy it and an example of its sound compared to other delays please
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
I bought a Boss DD-7 a few months ago and it's great. There is almost infinite room for adjustments. Plus, it has a "hold" function which stores up to 40 seconds of playing. It works like a loop pedal. Excellent for writing music, making up leads or solos, or just practicing. They run around $150, but I think they are well worth it.
What are you looking for in a delay pedal? What kind of tone? Tap tempo?

I'd suggest a DigiTech Hardwire DL-8.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My budget is about 150$

I'm not really sure what im looking for. I want one for soloing and such. I want to sound atmospheric like Mars Volta. and I want really driving delay solos like Buckethead
In Thirteen Seconds
since you all last said

Myspace
Nvm, got your budget. Check the DL-8 or the DD-3,5,6 or 7.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Mitchell?
Boss DD-7.

Elaborate. Why should I buy this particular delay? Is it good or are you just throwing it out there?
In Thirteen Seconds
since you all last said

Myspace
atmospheric sounds like some kind of analog delay would work well. that means the mxr carbon copy and the ibanez ad-9 are two things to look heavily into. UG seems to love the CC more than is healthy, so expect a lot of people recomending it. i still prefer the ad-9 (even with less delay time) and think it sounds better.

if you want something that can give you longer delay times, more types of delay and extra features, then a digital delay is the way to go. other than the boss dd-3/6/7 and the hardwire dl-8, i would look at the line 6 echo park or the ehx delay thats around $100 or so.
If you're on a budget, I've found the Marshall Echohead to be be very impressive. Well built, sturdy metal housing, and doesn't really suck tone if you put it after a decent buffered pedal. The analog and tape modes sound great.
I love my DD-20 but it is expensive.

Think of it as the DD-7's overachieving older brother.
Quote by jof1029
atmospheric sounds like some kind of analog delay would work well. that means the mxr carbon copy and the ibanez ad-9 are two things to look heavily into. UG seems to love the CC more than is healthy, so expect a lot of people recomending it. i still prefer the ad-9 (even with less delay time) and think it sounds better.

if you want something that can give you longer delay times, more types of delay and extra features, then a digital delay is the way to go. other than the boss dd-3/6/7 and the hardwire dl-8, i would look at the line 6 echo park or the ehx delay thats around $100 or so.

Thank you jof! I like the CC, but I think the AD-9 is better...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals