So, here I am, cramming and studying for a Chem II summer course and the thing that keeps coming back to my mind isn't Chem, it is debating what kind of pickups to get. You see, right now I play a Dean Evo. While it isn't an amazing guitar, it plays well, sounds great through my Mesa and looks nice to boot (regardless of the fact that it has faux binding). Plus when I got it set up a year or two ago the guy who did it (son of the famous Phillip Petillo) threw a bone nut on there, so that is another reason I really don't want to get rid of it.

Anyway, I like to play a lot of stuff. Metal, alternative, "indie", and I needs me mah cleans! I play in a band and I guess you can say we sound like Tool, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, a little Mastodon and BTBAM and Russian Circles but less awsome (even though none of us have listened to Russian Circles until about a week ago. Weird huh?) So, basically I am looking for a moderate output, passive humbucker that can sounds great clean but also with modern high gain. I am looking for articulation the most. If it can be split and stay under $125 US that would be great. Just looking for a bridge pickup now.

Also I will be looking at new hardware, tuners and bridge mostly. Right now the tuners are cheap Grovers. So enough of my ramblings.....post!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
PM CorduroyEW with your requirements: he makes extremely good custom pickups and generally seems to be a knowledgeable bloke. The Bare Knuckle 'Cold Sweat' would also suit you nicely.
With any custom job, just ask for four-conductor wiring to enable coil splitting.
You see, I would, but isn't he UK based? I'd rather not have to deal with international pickups. I guess I could PM him to chat about it though...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Back from class bump.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
You see, I would, but isn't he UK based? I'd rather not have to deal with international pickups. I guess I could PM him to chat about it though...

What's wrong with ordering from the UK??? You get the pickup less the 17.5% VAT tax in the case of Bare Knuckle Pickups, not sure if CorduroyEW does it as well.

For Bare Knuckles I'm also thinking the Nailbomb since you say your band has quite a bit of high gain stuff.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I never said there is anything wrong with buying from the UK, it is just that if I don't like it, I would rather the purchase be from a local shop or GC where I could return them if worst comes to worst.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I never said there is anything wrong with buying from the UK, it is just that if I don't like it, I would rather the purchase be from a local shop or GC where I could return them if worst comes to worst.

The wording of your post seemed to suggest there was something wrong. Oh well, if you don't cut the wires or damage the pups you can send them back to BKP for a free rewind or a change of pups altogether.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.