Page 1 of 3
GuitarYay
Banned
188 IQ
ummm wtf is this?

go to my profile for my music taste there's no way I'm typing it out

edit* oh wait scratch the above I just realized this sin't the pit

What is the group for, and my profile has my music in it I'm not in the mood to type it out
Last edited by GuitarYay at Jun 30, 2009,
xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo
1,398 IQ
my favourite bands are Emerson Lake & Palmer, Steely Dan, Styx, Air Supply and Kansas, can I join?
littlejoy
Is This It?
95 IQ
Hmm....
I like Radiohead, The Strokes, Interpol, Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes.... stuff like that.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by GuitarYay
ummm wtf is this?

go to my profile for my music taste there's no way I'm typing it out

edit* oh wait scratch the above I just realized this sin't the pit

What is the group for, and my profile has my music in it I'm not in the mood to type it out

After thorough review, I have decided that not only does your taste deserve a rejection from my esteemed institution, but a dishonorable discharge from the alt/indie forum.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
my favourite bands are Emerson Lake & Palmer, Steely Dan, Styx, Air Supply and Kansas, can I join?
*still under consideration*
Quote by littlejoy
Hmm....
I like Radiohead, The Strokes, Interpol, Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes.... stuff like that.

You win.
volcom_sk8_rock
Donny STFU
709 IQ
Umm The Drones, Neil Young, Wilco, Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, The Jesus Lizard and Ween.

What do you make of that?
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
3,112 IQ
I submit for your approval a long list of bands:/artists:
65daysofstatic, 7 Dollar Taxi, Adam And the Ants, Amanda Palmer, Ash, Arcade Fire, Asian Kung-fu Generation, Billy Bragg, Bruce Springsteen, Brand New, Bright Eyes, Broken Social Scene, Brendan Canning, The Cure, Daft Punk, David Bowie, Dresden Dolls, Eels, Frou Frou, Guided By Voices, Islands, The Jam, Kevin Drew, Leonard Nimoy, Manic Street Preachers, My Vitriol, Pavement, Paul Simon, Pixies, Placebo, Polyphonic spree, portastatic, postal service, primal scream, pulp, blur, r.e.m., rammsteain, radiohead, refused, rilo kiley, rick astley, rival schools, sebadoh, shins, sigur rós, silver jews, simon and garfunkel, simple minds, spandau ballet, smiths, sonic youth, sleater-kinney, spoon, stephen malkmus and the jicks, stereophonics, the stills, stiff little fingers, the stranglers, sufjan stevens, takka takka, the thermals, they might be giants, thom yorke, tom jones, travis, trocadero, badly drawn boy,
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.
630 IQ
Hinder, Limp Bizkit, and I really like that song I heard on the radio this morning. I forget how it went, but it rocked. It rocked hard. Something like.. Dun dadda dun dun doo dee da da da, then some lead guitar playing for a second or two, then went back into a really heavy riff. As hell.

Can I join?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jul 1, 2009,
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
oh boy!
radiohead, my bloody valentine, deerhunter, no age, beck, sonic youth, dinosaur jr., the velvet underground, and spoon.
Sent from my iPad.
Hereiwas
"Alex"
2,000 IQ
Sorry, I don't want to join a group of nob heads who think they are better than everyone else for their music.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Monkeygone2hvn
127 IQ
lately been blastin some charles mingus, fugazi, paul simon, calvin johnson, jim o'rourke, mos def's new album, and my usual dosage of modest mouse.

I don't quite know what to make of that
Last edited by Monkeygone2hvn at Jul 1, 2009,
gallagher2006
UG Addict
5,854 IQ
Joy Division, The Cure, Radiohead, Interpol, School of Seven Bells, Boards of Canada, Patrick Wolf, Elliott Smith, The House of Love, Clinic, Metronomy, Nick Drake, The Twilight Sad, Seafood

Just the top artists on my Spotify account
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
I'm already in. Hellz yeah.

But for good measure, My Bloody Valentine, Rainer Maria, No Age, Wavves, Sonic Youth, Pavement, Yo La Tengo, Superchunk, Thermals, Morrissey, Smiths, Magnetic Fields, yada yada yada.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Jul 1, 2009,
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Minutemen, Husker Du, Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, Jets to Brazil, Superchunk, Sunny Day Real Estate, the Cure, Joy Division, Fugazi, Archers of Loaf, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Harvey Danger

Subject to change as I think of more bands
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Jul 1, 2009,
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Quote by Hereiwas
Sorry, I don't want to join a group of nob heads who think they are better than everyone else for their music.

don't worry guys. he's just jealous because his taste in music isn't any good.
Sent from my iPad.
bradulator
normcore
2,452 IQ
The Beatles, Radiohead, Mum, Rush, Neutral Milk Hotel, Alice in Chains, The White Stripes, Bob Dylan, De La Soul, Digable Planets, The Hives, Sonic Youth, Death Cab for Cutie, Beastie Boys, Sherwood

i'm soooooooooo in
Last edited by bradulator at Jul 2, 2009,
pitchinvasion
10 IQ
I want in! I want to be an elitist too!

RADIOHEAD, Animal collective, Arcade Fire, Bat For Lashes, Beatles, Bloc Party, Blur, British Sea Power, Broken Social Scene, Cooper Temple Clause, Death Cab For Cutie, Flaming Lips, **** Buttons, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Health, iLiKETRAiNS, Kate Bush, Lamb, Late of The Pier, Manic Street Preachers (when Richey was still there), Maps, Mars Volta, Massive Attack, Mogwai, Muse, My Bloody Valentine, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Portishead, Primal Scream, School of Seven Bells, Sigur Ros, Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals, Talking Heads, Tv On the Radio, Yo La Tengo.

That's the tailored indie list. I also like a lot of dance, electronica and hip hop stuff but I doubt that would help.
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Hinder, Limp Bizkit, and I really like that song I heard on the radio this morning. I forget how it went, but it rocked. It rocked hard. Something like.. Dun dadda dun dun doo dee da da da, then some lead guitar playing for a second or two, then went back into a really heavy riff. As hell.

Can I join?

Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
fitterhappier34
116 IQ
I can be very versatile at times, but my biggest musical influences are Radiohead, Coldplay (yes it's true...), My Bloody Valentine, Death Cab for Cutie, The Beatles, Animal Collective, Bloc Party, Sufjan Stevens, Muse, Sonic Youth, Broken Social Scene, Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Rós, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Streetlight Manifesto, Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Pat Metheny, John Coltrane, and much more that I don't feel like posting here.
Well that is that, and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me.
You get away from me.
Last edited by fitterhappier34 at Jul 2, 2009,
MoreNoise
52 IQ
We don't need a thread whenever you want to make a group for a bunch of obvious alt rock bands.
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
i like this band called godsmack, anyone know them? oh and i also like emo music
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Altered_Carbon
UG Newbie
597 IQ
Deerhunter, The Beatles, Deerhoof, Titus Andronicus, Keith Jarrett, David Bowie, Portugal. The Man, etc, etc.
That ought to get me in, yeah?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
somewhat_here
sequestered ruser
904 IQ
i would join and all but it'll probably harm my independent credentials. no matter, i was indifferent to it anyway.
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
I will post only because of my burning desire to be accepted in elite groups.

Jawbreaker, Japanther, Minutemen, Charlie Parker, The Fall, Husker Du, Dillinger Four, David Bowie, Crimpshrine, Bibio, Big Black, Tom Waits, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, Talking Heads, Sleater-Kinney, Scared of Chaka, Slint, Cap'n Jazz, NMH, Native Nod, Mogwai, Drive like Jehu.
Last edited by charliezard! at Jul 3, 2009,
thelastdispatch
User Title Not Custom
35 IQ
Animal Collective, Flaming Lips, maudlin of the Well, Herbie Hancock, Wilco, Yo La Tengo, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Wu-Tang Clan, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Opeth, Devendra Banhart, Mr.Bungle, My Bloody Valentine, Saul Williams, Andrew Bird, Serge Gainsbourg, Miles Davis, At The Drive-In, Gojira, Atheist, Carcass, Between the Buried and Me, Destroyer, Pixies, Phish, YO YO MA

Can I be in... for variety?
NGD1313
left & leaving
3,718 IQ
Quote by somewhat_here
i would join and all but it'll probably harm my independent credentials. no matter, i was indifferent to it anyway.

this post is so rife with genius. i think i'll make a cheap knockoff of it and market it to teenagers.

my favvvvorrritte bands are

sparklehorse
band of horses
horse the band
crazy horse
the horseflies

i also kind of like the unicorns, but it's just not the same.
Hereiwas
"Alex"
2,000 IQ
So many of these bands are just mainstream alt. bands that everyone has heard of... (I'm no better)
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Yay! I was accepted. But, no thanks. This appears to be group for pretentious 12 year-olds who just discovered Sonic Youth and think that they're cool all of a sudden.

Let it be known that my snobbery is so great that I snobbed my way into and back out of this snobby group.