Page 1 of 2
yea he literally set his on fire, though...

i chose the less dangerous route (i suppose that's debatable since i almost suffocated in my not so well ventilated garage) and used a heat gun.
Looks pretty bad ass. So what exactly did you do? And you should probably finish it so it doesn't wear/chip away.
Quote by RockAddict311
Looks pretty bad ass. So what exactly did you do? And you should probably finish it so it doesn't wear/chip away.

i used a heat gun. and yea... i put several clear coats on it.
Quote by Mky
I think it looks like crap.

Me too.
At least you tried, and if you like it, then thats all that matters.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by Mky

so you decided to take the time to come in here... decide you don't like it and then waste more time typing your worthless opinion...?

there's a smart cookie...
He can come in here and say it´s crap...

I think it looks pretty cool only because the finish is a perfect colour for it.
He was giving you feedback on your job. If you don't want people coming in and posting, good or bad, then don't make threads. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the burning myself, but as long as you like it, who cares?
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by whitenihilist
Don't be a troll!

And I think it doesn't look that bad, a little rough, but unique!

yea rough was kind of the point... supposed to look "aged".
Quote by Mky

+1 on that.

Absolutely destroyed a perfectly good instrument.

Sure wish I was rich so I could burn stuff just to see if it looks cool.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I don't think it looks that bad, i personally wouldn't have it, but i'd still be intrigued by it :P
Quote by Shiromar
He was giving you feedback on your job. If you don't want people coming in and posting, good or bad, then don't make threads. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the burning myself, but as long as you like it, who cares?

yea i understand that, but there are better ways of voicing your opinion without being a complete douche about it. were you all not raised with manners?
Quote by jonmo1
+1 on that.

Absolutely destroyed a perfectly good instrument.

Sure wish I was rich so I could burn stuff just to see if it looks cool.

yes... i've RUINED it... can't play it at all anymore...

and the end of your post sounds like sour grapes to me... get a job and walk it off...
Quote by Shiromar

Yea, but I think that he could have least said why, just it seemed kinda Dicktacular© to put it that way. I am not saying that you shouldn't voice your opinion, just don't waste everyone's time with posts like "It looks like crap"
Jeez, picky bastards, I think it looks good.

What Ibby is that?
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by konfyouzd
yes... i've RUINED it... can't play it at all anymore...

and the end of your post sounds like sour grapes to me... get a job and walk it off...

You asked for opinions...Don't expect that all opinions will be positive.
OK, technically you didn't ASK for opinions, but that's pretty much the only reason to post pics, is to get other people's opinions...

In the end, the only opinion that matters is yours.
If you like it, more power to ya!

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by jonmo1
You asked for opinions...Don't expect that all opinions will be positive.
OK, technically you didn't ASK for opinions, but that's pretty much the only reason to post pics, is to get other people's opinions...

In the end, the only opinion that matters is yours.
If you like it, more power to ya!

well what you said didn't make sense. and if you say something dumb you'll be called out... simple as that...
Quote by TheJem
Jeez, picky bastards, I think it looks good.

What Ibby is that?

ibanez RG7321
Quote by whitenihilist
Yea, but I think that he could have least said why, just it seemed kinda Dicktacular© to put it that way. I am not saying that you shouldn't voice your opinion, just don't waste everyone's time with posts like "It looks like crap"

this is exactly what i'm saying... there's a difference between constructive criticism and/or feedback and being a straight up douchebag. i think we're all old enough to recognize this difference...
I dig it. Jimi would be happy. But yeah, I like how it looks, granted I wouldn't have the balls to burn one of mine.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Watch it with the double and triple posts, you might piss off some of the people around here.
Hey that is pretty cool... Really cool actually. I like it because it just looks unique. I'm going to have to do that to one of my old crappy guitars with a shiny finish. I still prefer matte finish but that is a cool idea for a gloss finish.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Quote by Vlasco
Watch it with the double and triple posts, you might piss off some of the people around here.

noted. thank you.

i just joined here. i came from 777.org... double posts are automerged there. still getting used to things here.
Quote by konfyouzd
noted. thank you.

i just joined here. i came from 777.org... double posts are automerged there. still getting used to things here.

I think we need that. At least there are no quote pyramids here hahah
Quote by Stuart90
I like these burnt guitar look, I wanna do it to a LP

Thats a sin!
I SAW IT WHEN U POSTED IT IN SEVENSTRING.ORG

ur missing the pic of ur sistah
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Dude, idk why people are ragging on this, I think it looks awesome! How'd you do it without damaging the guitar or frets?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by whitenihilist

Are posts like "It looks like crap" any better or worse than posts like "It looks awesome!"? The latter is just as eloquent and well thought out as the former. Also, since when does a person have to explain why he finds something unattractive? If it looks bad to someone, it looks bad, no explanation necessary. Unless you were hoping for something like "It looks like crap because I don't like burned guitars." That's a little obvious.

On a more related note, I'm not a fan of the relic look. Whether by fire, sanding, or chipping from contact with a solid object, I do not like it at all. I'll take a sparkly new finish over a road worn look any day.
I think that you made a perfectly good guitar not so good looking, but tbf its your guitar so you can shove it in a toilet for all I care.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Nice job, it looks grreat!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Fox McKalen
Are posts like "It looks like crap" any better or worse than posts like "It looks awesome!"? The latter is just as eloquent and well thought out as the former. Also, since when does a person have to explain why he finds something unattractive? If it looks bad to someone, it looks bad, no explanation necessary. Unless you were hoping for something like "It looks like crap because I don't like burned guitars." That's a little obvious.

On a more related note, I'm not a fan of the relic look. Whether by fire, sanding, or chipping from contact with a solid object, I do not like it at all. I'll take a sparkly new finish over a road worn look any day.

Best post in this thread.
I myself don't like it at all.. If you like it, great. It's your guitar, not mine.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Page 1 of 2