im hopefully going to get a squier telecaster in vintage blonde

http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/info_00038797.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=00038797

i want it to have a black pickguard though

can i just buy a tele pickguard..

http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/p-467-boston-telecaster-scratchplate-black-3-ply-scratch-plate-pickguard-to-suit-tele-guitars.aspx?CAWELAID=346246031

.. and swap them over without having to take strings off, etc?

thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
it can be done but it will be alot easier to just take the strings off.

just wait until you plan on restringing
Ibanez.
I wouldnt change it without taking the strings off.
Black would look sexy on that though.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Definitely take off the strings, it'll make the job a lot easier.

Also it should be noted that the fender pickguard holes probably wont line up perfectly with the holes drilled in the squier.

EDIT: Actually the holes definitely wont line up without some drilling, the pickguard in your link has 3 more holes than the squier tele in the other link.
Last edited by Schism1985 at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Schism1985
Definitely take off the strings, it'll make the job a lot easier.

Also it should be noted that the fender pickguard holes probably wont line up perfectly with the holes drilled in the squier.

EDIT: Actually the holes definitely wont line up without some drilling, the pickguard in your link has 3 more holes than the squier tele in the other link.

to your edit: so there are. dammit. could i just not use those holes? or would the pickguard be loose ?

to buster: i know
i love the vintage blonde colour, its similar to russell lissack's american tele, and his has a black 'guard, so i wanted the same combination, cos it looks teh sex
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.