Page 1 of 2
well, it started after school today. i swung by my house to grab my guitar and my BH5H for jamming (my friend has cabs at his house). While i was there, he was auditioning a new guitar player who wanted to be in his band. He was there for a while, and took a look at my blackheart and laughed. I was like WTF you laughing at fool? he was like, thats a crap amp, in reply to which i said, what do you use then? he said 'i use a marshall'

Being as how he was to damn up his own a$$ about this, i was expecting maybe a jubilee or a TSL 100 at least. He goes out to his dads car, and fetches his amp, covered over by one of those amp covers, i could see 2 cabs in the car too.

he walks back in, sets it down carefully, like it was something truely valuable. He goes to take of the cover and...

can you guess?

(Invalid img)

thats right! MG100HDFX

and the two cabs in the car were the MG slant and the MG straight.

this is a guy who runs an MG fullstack, and has the nerve to mock my blackheart.

need i say? epic fail.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I almost feel bad for the guy.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II

Epic win for you!

He probably doesn't know what a real marshall sounds like... poor guy.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
needless to say, he didnt get the rhythm guitar job.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I lol'd once I saw the top of the pic.

Nice story
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Normally I don't like these kind of stories but you got me at the fullstack part.

Damn, tremendous waste of money.

Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Silver-spear94
needless to say, he didnt get the rhythm guitar job.

What a surprise
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2

ask him to create and account here and tell him to make a NAD for his MG
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i intend to get his number off my mate if i ever get that JCM ive been gasing for, just to stick it in his face.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i guessed it after the first paragraph lmao i used to have a vintage marshall but it got brokeded and i sent it back to the repair shop 3 times but it never worked so now i have a B-52 which is amazing
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Quote by gregs1020
You can fit 2 - 4x12 cabs in a car?

SUV type thing.

basically like a pickup truck with a chassis over the trailer.

if that makes any sense.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
SUV type thing.

basically like a pickup truck with a chassis over the trailer.

if that makes any sense.

Like a camper top thing?

I loled at" needless to say, he didnt get the rhythm guitar job."
Quote by DKMfreak410
i guessed it after the first paragraph lmao i used to have a vintage marshall but it got brokeded and i sent it back to the repair shop 3 times but it never worked so now i have a B-52 which is amazing

you ahve a vintage marshall im guessing JTM and you got a B-52??
you should have sold it on craigslist to get moar money
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Silver-spear94
i intend to get his number off my mate if i ever get that JCM ive been gasing for, just to stick it in his face.

You can borrow mine xD It's an 25 year old JCM800
you should have know he was an idiot when he first started mocking your blackheart. blackhearts are amazing amps for their size and price.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
hahahahahah ******!!! i have a blackheart and it owns most of all my friends marshalls. i would have laughed my ass off at that duche
come to think of it, id had a really bad day up until that point, i had an argument with my girlfriend, had to run the sports relief mile in 34 degrees celcius at about midday, and then this happens.

i phoned Emma up straight away and made up good, then walked home smiling so hard my face hurt, laughing at that douche

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Stupid guy indeed, but I would rather play an MG100 than a Blackheart 5 watter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^^ i dont think he had the right to

Squier HSS with 'Duncan Deisgned' through a MG fullstack

VS

ibanez RG420EG with modified floydrose, through a bunch of boosts and my wah into BH5H.

my gear isnt epic, but i win right?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

at first i was thinking "don't be a douche, he's just making do with a bad amp" but then i realize he actually bought a 2nd cab. now THAT'S being a douche, buying a 2nd cab for a crap amp to make yourself look cool.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I find it funny how people with say a little giant wouldn't make fun of someone if they had an mg usually. If they like it all the power to them, we don't insult them. However, if they have a mg100dfx fullstack, they think they are better then everything that is until you plug in your five watt giant lol and blow them out of the water.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
how much are MG fullstacks these days? i dunno about the USA, but over here you can get a peavey classic 30 for that kind of cash.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

What's ironic is that most guitarists who don't know much about gear would have made fun of him for the Squier.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Silver-spear94

VS

ibanez RG420EG with modified floydrose, through a bunch of boosts and my wah into BH5H.

the squier duncan designed guitars are decent for beginners but im guessing he got it because it looked like a fender and he wanted to look like hendrix or something. and yes you win by a longshot.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
the only decent marshall ive ever played in my life as a musician is a TSL 100 halfstack with celestion G12s. Wasnt absolutely epic but it had good low end.

However, ive played many many amps i liked much better from brands like blackheart, peavey, epiphone and H&K that are generally cheaper and higher quality.

but MGs dont deserve the marshall brand.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Even if you did buy a JCM 800 and shoved it in his face, I don't think he'd know the difference. Most guys like that just see "Marshall" and think they're all the same.

Good on you for defending your Blackheart though. I hate when people knock amps without knowing a thing about 'em, especially when you can pull a great tone out of a 'crap' (according to him) amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i wasnt making fun of the squiers btw, for beginners you can really beat them, but this guy claimed to have been playing for 'years'

:shrugs:

but anyone who trys to make a crap amp sound louder with an extra 4 speakers really is stupid.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

VS

it's better having a rig that's not epic than a rig that's trying to be epic
nice I feel bad for people with crap gear, but if that person then mocks good gear and acts like his/her gear is better than yours, the game changes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i forgot to mention, we mercied him, and let him play his head through an avatar 2x12 with V30s my friend had his dad bring back from the US for him. even with non MG speakers it sounded no better.

i let him play the blackheart also, and he claimed to be 'unimpressed'

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Jun 30, 2009,
^^ndeed. Even mocking someone with 'crap' gear is out of line tbh, you don't know their financial situation, and some guys just want to play.

that being said, nice job man. Like the new avatar too

edit: oh I know man, the mg100 w/ two matching 4x12's is freaking useless, I meant more like 15-30W spyders/mg's/ ravens/whatever else we're frowning on these days in the ug bandwagon
Last edited by pak1351 at Jun 30, 2009,
if he bought the fullstack as one part, it would have been nearing £600-700 over here, which is almost enough for a TSL 100 halfstack w/ 2x12.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

^ yeah, definitely, you have an awful lot of better options with that kind of money. I mean, if you buy an MG15 or something, you could have done a little better (e.g. cube or valvetronix or similar), but it's not like you could have bought a soldano for the same amount of money- it's not the end of the world. When you buy an MG or AVT half- or full-stack, though... not so great, unless you can sell it on and not take too big a hit.

i'm just glad i discovered internet forums before I wasted too much money on crap. It has increased my GAS list by several orders of magnitude, but at least I'm happy with my tone now and have a rough idea of what I like and what I don't, and what I need for my tone to sound the way I want...

Quote by pak1351
^^ndeed. Even mocking someone with 'crap' gear is out of line tbh, you don't know their financial situation, and some guys just want to play.

yeah, of course, it's the mocking thing which i have the problem with.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 30, 2009,
Yeah, i can already tell you that that guy wasn't playing for "years" lol. How did he play? I think your gear blows him out of the water. I remember i got made fun of once because my friends amp has presets and mine doesn't. Then when i called him on his amp he said something like "Shut up you just think your amp is better because it's a TUBE AMP! It's not. Your amp ****ing sucks!". He has a 150 watt spider... I have a b52 at 112 into a 4x12 cab. Needless to say that when we played together on a song mine sounded better and really was the only amp heard over his fizzy digital distortion.

Those spiders and mg's aren't bad for beginners but when it comes down to it, they are only practice amps. You don't buy a full stack to practice on. You don't buy something with the same wattage as a head to practice on like my friends spider. That crap spewing mg can blow me dude because they get completely destroyed every time they're put next to something decent, even if it is a 20th of the wattage. There ya go, my 2 cents lol.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Page 1 of 2