I play for a metalcore(ish) band, I was just brought into the group a few weeks ago. We're getting ready to go on a pretty big tour. Anyway, I've just been using the old guitarist's setup, which was the Line 6 HD100. Since I've been learning songs and just practicing with the guys, I didn't really care what I played through, but there are two Single Recs and a 5150 just sitting in our studio unused. I've played Dual Recs before, are there any major differences between Single and Dual besides wattage? I'm getting ready to try the 5150 out for the first time, but I've heard them before. I'm thinking the Mesa is my best bet, with the Line 6 as backup if we can take it. Playing these all through a Marshall cab, don't know the make of it.
Metalcore ??
mah genre

i suggest going for the Single Rec or the 5150, either amps will do metal core fine
and if its an MG cab get rid of it and buy yourself a decent 2x112
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Dude, your band is going to be starting a big tour and they are making you use an over sized practice amp? Dear lord...

I would try both out. If you use more cleans, stick with the Recto, but if you don't and like the 5150 better, use that. Just sit down with each and spend an hour or two on each amp.

Or run em in stereo.....yea. On second thought, do that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Dude, your band is going to be starting a big tour and they are making you use an over sized practice amp? Dear lord...

I would try both out. If you use more cleans, stick with the Recto, but if you don't and like the 5150 better, use that. Just sit down with each and spend an hour or two on each amp.

Or run em in stereo.....yea. On second thought, do that.

This.

Stereo sounds interesting.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
how do you stereo amps??
do you need two cabs??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The HD100 is the Spider Valve, the HD150 is the Spider III half stack...

Try 'em out, neither of them would hurt for metalcore.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd go for the Single Rec or the HD. Both are wicked amps and have enough versatility.
EDIT: I was thinking of the HD147, my bad. Don't get the HD100.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Jun 30, 2009,
we practice with what we play live pretty much.

and i know it's not the most popular genre, but these guys are pretty good. i'm picky about music, especially this kind, because i'm an old fashioned metalhead guitarist. but it's melodic, not 100% screamo, so i like it. we're touring with "beneath the sky," who, to be honest, i've never really listened to lol. they're signed with victory though.

the line 6 didn't push my tone through the mix as much as i would've liked. the other guitarist is using a krank, not sure which model, probably really high end. i'm thinking the mesa will sound great with it, but i'll just have to wait and see. i've never played a mesa with a full band, just with another guitarist while jamming at his band's studio. i loved it.

oh, and the marshall cab is a reeeally good cab, i just don't know what it is for sure.
Last edited by Cheese_Shredder at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Cheese_Shredder
we're touring with "beneath the sky,"

Will you be with them for their entire tour? I might see you at some point
Quote by Led Dirigible
Will you be with them for their entire tour? I might see you at some point

we'll be with them from july 16th-august 1stish. you being serious or sarcastic? lol
Quote by Cheese_Shredder
we'll be with them from july 16th-august 1stish. you being serious or sarcastic? lol

Well, I was going to see them in Alabama on the 25th, but that show got canceled. Now it's either Marietta, Georgia on the 13th or Louisville, Kentucky on the 16th. I take it that makes you in Ashes of Serenity?
Link us your band so we can give you a better idea of which would probably work better with your sound (surely you have some stuff recorded if you're going on a tour)?

What does the other guitarist use?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yessir lol. that'll be my second show with the guys, the first being a semi-local show. if you check out our myspace, we're getting ready to add a couple new songs off the cd in a few days. give us a listen if you feel like it. their new stuff is great (i can't take credit for writing with them though, of course). come out on the 16th man, it should be great.
Quote by Cheese_Shredder
yessir lol. that'll be my second show with the guys, the first being a semi-local show. if you check out our myspace, we're getting ready to add a couple new songs off the cd in a few days. give us a listen if you feel like it. their new stuff is great (i can't take credit for writing with them though, of course). come out on the 16th man, it should be great.

Well, can't really use myspace at the moment because my internet is awful
I'll try my best though
I'm gonna say the 5150 will probably suit your sound best, but I'd try the Recto out, see which one you like better. Generally, the Recto is going to be better for rhythm and the 5150 better for lead, but you might feel differently
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
probably 5150... if you use the mesa you'd probably want an OD pedal to pair it with.

if you can bring a backup the line 6 would be good if you don't have a lot of time to play the other head's because you're more familiar with it. if you have enough time to try out both the peavey and mesa and find a sound you're happy with bring those two as they are the higher end/better quality heads.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Jul 1, 2009,
thanks for the input. i'm going to find out today. i'll have an hour to mess around with them before we start practice. are those amps usually pretty reliable?