I play guitar at my church, but unfortunately the only amp I have access to thats loud enough to keep up with the rest of the church band is the pastors Marshall MG100 halfstack ( ). I was wondering if any MG users might know an eq that I could dial in for a decent clean tone.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
The cleans are probably the best thing about these amps

Bass 2'oclock
Mids noon
Treble 3 o'clock
volume to taste

should be good enough to get you by in a gospel setting
that was a little harsh Rikki

but yeah the cleans are all thats usable on the MGs.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

no - the devil is a god of rock and all that stuff - I guess the MG and a Line 6 Spider III are about the only things a pastor is ALLOWED to have! lol
does that mean Christians dont like tone?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
does that mean Christians dont like tone?

Shhhh...don't poke the bear.
The only thing I liked about my old mg was the cleans.

I had:
Bass about 5.5/10
Mids about 6/10
Treble about 4/10

And I am actually quite surprised no one has said "get another amp" or something similar!
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Last edited by LifesSweetDrug at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by mr_hankey
Shhhh...don't poke the bear.

:O Bears are Christian? Does that mean Polar Bears are Buddhist?
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Thanks guys and this thread is hilarious btw

EDIT: I'm currently saving up for either a Vox Pathfinder or a Vox Valvetronix. Which would you suggest not just for church but for rock and stuff too.
Last edited by The Fret-Dancer at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Stuart90
Also, try a Vox amp? Pretty nice cleans

what does this have to do with the thread? lol this is one of the better MG threads
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
Thanks guys and this thread is hilarious btw

EDIT: I'm currently saving up for either a Vox Pathfinder or a Vox Valvetronix. Which would you suggest not just for church but for rock and stuff too.

I'd say the Vox Valvetronix, I LOVE that amp haha
Quote by Bright Light
what does this have to do with the thread? lol this is one of the better MG threads

Yeah, but I was also giving him a suggestion. What? Because this is about MG's I can't give him a suggestion?
Quote by Stuart90
Yeah, but I was also giving him a suggestion. What? Because this is about MG's I can't give him a suggestion?

He's not the one who owns the amp. It's the pastor's. And you know how hard it is for them to try something new...
Quote by mr_hankey
He's not the one who owns the amp. It's the pastors. And you know how hard it is for them to try something new...

Oh come on, you dont have to play like that do you?
Quote by mr_hankey
He's not the one who owns the amp. It's the pastor's. And you know how hard it is for them to try something new...

I was only saying, plus I'm sure if he saved up and brought one I'm sure he could take it along with him. Long as it does cleans like the MG, which every amp has a clean anyway lol
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
Oh come on, you dont have to play like that do you?

Oh, lighten up. It's just a harmless comment. If I'm not allowed to post something like that, you shouldn't be allowed to have a sig like that.

I guess I'm going too far off-topic here. I'm done now.
Quote by Stuart90

its not because this is about MG's, its because this is about an MG thats not his that he is forced to used for a night and he was only asking for help to get it to sound decent for the occasion.

now excuse me while I go to the pedalboard thread and suggest a few capos to someone...
Quote by Bright Light
its not because this is about MG's, its because this is about an MG thats not his that he is forced to used for a night and he was only asking for help to get it to sound decent for the occasion.

now excuse me while I go to the pedalboard thread and suggest a few capos to someone...

Once again, I said "suggestion" which he can buy one for himself and just take that along. He said himself he was thinking about buying one anyway. Either way, its kind of a waste of time repeating what I said.