I've been playing about 5 months now and the joints on my left index finger are hurting when I press down on the string. It's not like excruciating pain or anything, but it hurts. Also, When I'm playing through the minor pentatonic scale, there is a pain on the inside of my left forearm when using my pinky to fret the low E string. Is this a problem with technique? Has anyone had similar pains? Or is this nothing to worry about, and just due to not using my left hand in that way before?
Side note, I'm a knuckle cracker. Does that have anything to do with it?
if you're feeling any pain it is most likely cause by way too much pressure, bad technique, or lack of stretching. the pain from the minor pentatonic is probably a mixture of bad technique and not stretching. cracking your knuckles isn't the best thing to do. i do it as well. part of the reason i have tendonitis and arthritis and i'm only 22
There's no (or should be no) normal pain when playing. I'd recommend going to someone experienced to check the way you play
Quote by allislost
then i take back what i said and i award you with 10 points! use them wisely...

Enchance your Soling

Quote by funkyducky

desadaphas get's a nod from me
for he knows that tea pwns coffee

My first lyric in Englich
The only pain you should ever feel is when you're still developing calouses.

Otherwise, you're doin it wrong.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
You have to develop flexibility in your fretting hand by stretching, which should be uncomfortable.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Ive got pinky pain too :O ive had it before but it went away after a couple of days and now ive had it again for 4 days. it keeps reoccuring :S
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips