do you think a Epiphone Les Paul Standard would suite my playing style ? I play music from metallica, Jimi-hendrix, black sabbath, chuck berry, ect. If it wouldn't suite my style, then what guitar under 800$ would?
Thanks for the help
i think that would cover it pretty well. if it doesnt cover it exactly you can always change the pickups to better suit your tone. i used to own an epi les paul and i played all of those bands and it suited me pretty well
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
i guess. there is probably a better guitar out there for $800 bucks, but it's your choice
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
maybe if you put some higher out put pickups in it should make it suit the styles more you can use any guitar for any style look at wes borland he uses a semi accoustic yamaha for playing with limp bizkit
Everybody thinks a Les Paul fits their style. Sometimes I have to remind people that there are other guitars out there.

Don't always jump on guitars that millions of other people use. Go to a guitar shop and try a bunch of them out.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
i play a lot of metallica and guns n roses and i have an epi les paul which is perfect
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
what are some good pickups you all might suggest
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
It will do those well, put a higher output in the bridge and it will suit those better.
Quote by thefailboat
Billy Mays is dead... He was my hero

what?

In anycase. Yes, TS, an Epiphone Les Paul would suit you playing all of those guitarists. And I say this for this reason: the fact that you're in here asking us whether or not a guitar will suit your playing because you like certain artists means that just about any guitar would suit you at this point. Go and try the Epi Paul out. I got one me'self and I absolutely love it. It's a great guitar that with a proper setup, redoing of the electronics and new pickups is a GREAT guitar, but that's the same case as most other guitars.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
What amp that works well with both metal and rock would you guys sugest under 200$? My mom bought me a crappy sx guitar and amp for christmas... I've been playing guitar for half a year, but I love it a lot. I play about 3 hours a day and I'm just waiting for my current guitar to fall apart so she'll let me buy a new one. (even though it is my money) It won't be long now though, it sounds like the nuts are going to rip out of the wood because of the constant cracking the wood makes