I stopped by a local guitar shop to check out a tele, and picked up the Fender Standard Telecaster (priced at around $600). I liked the sound, but it was a bit muddy. Is there any guitar I can get which will offer similar, but clearer, sounds at the same price? Also, it doesn't have to look like a tele, as much as sound like one.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
telecaster...? muddy? wtf? maybe it was the amp you were using...?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jun 30, 2009,
Telecasters are in no way muddy?... Was it a real tele? Did it have humbuckers?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
It wasn't an American Standard Tele, this was one of the cheaper Fender models. I think most people call it a Mexican Tele.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by biga29
Telecasters are in no way muddy?... Was it a real tele? Did it have humbuckers?

biga in a TELECASTER thread?!

jk. lol. we have such similar thoughts.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
telecaster...? muddy? wtf? maybe it was the amp you were using...?

yeah, i would check the amp and settings when you tried it out. thats pretty un-tele like.
Quote by DDoug
It wasn't an American Standard Tele, this was one of the cheaper Fender models. I think most people call it a Mexican Tele.

amp. what amp did you use it through and with what eq settings???
Quote by pedromiles101
well, some people have said that the Teles from rondo music are cool (i haven't payed one, and i dont like teles). And you could get new pickups, so it could end up sounding better than the one you had.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
ok, either it was the amp, or someone put crappy pups in a good tele

try it in a different amp, then see if its muddy
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by randomhero93
amp. what amp did you use it through and with what eq settings???

I think it was a Fender Blues Junior. Although, both the amp and the guitar were at Guitar Center so they were probably under heavy use. I also tried it on a Fender Blues Deluxe (Fenders are the only tube-amps they have at my GC) and found a little improvement, but not much.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
I think it was a Fender Blues Junior. Although, both the amp and the guitar were at Guitar Center so they were probably under heavy use. I also tried it on a Fender Blues Deluxe (Fenders are the only tube-amps they have at my GC) and found a little improvement, but not much.

how'd you eq it???
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
how'd you eq it???

The EQ was straight up twelve o'clock. It wasn't extremely muddy, but it seemed to have a little bit of muddiness to it. Now that I think of it, it might of had something to do with the tone-pot, I remember turning it to find no change in sound.
-Bugera 333XL 212
maybe it was a dud tone pot? but maybe you should've tried eq'ing it. turn the bass down or raise the treble? chances are, that would've worked.
Quote by pedromiles101