So i've never seen these pickups before, and I'm considering buying a used MIA Strat with Joe Barden single coils for about $750. anyone have an idea of how these pickups sound?
That's a steal, his strat pup set is around $400 by itself. Doesn't he have clips on his site? If you don't like them, should be able to trade them for a different set, probably plus cash on the other guy's end. Never heard anyone complain about them, but I haven't played them myself
just listened to a clip and they sound damn sweet. These pickups are put in a 2006 black strat with a maple neck. Not my ideal color but for the price it's a steal like you said. I think i'll go for it.
Joe Biden winds pickups?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Joe Biden winds pickups?

He's vice president, he has to keep himself busy somehow.
Quote by Mitchell?
He's vice president, he has to keep himself busy somehow.

Why not just do what our last VP did, create a band of roving death squads that report directly to him?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Why not just do what our last VP did, create a band of roving death squads that report directly to him?

Maybe helping to run the country plus his pickup-winding business is eating up too much of his schedule.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Maybe helping to run the country plus his pickup-winding business is eating up too much of his schedule.

That is more likely.... oh, politicians...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Do it! I just tried a tele with stock pickups compared to the Bardens, and it was night and day.

Obviously not a strat, but you get the idea.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412