Hey everyone. I'm ordering a factory oops neck from guitar fetish. The only thing wring is that it has the space for the FR nut but it isnt routed...they forgot or something, idk. The neck is cheap and I am broke. The problem here is that I dont want an FR on what I'm building. So would i be able to just route it and put a normal nut on there? I plan on having a TOM bridge.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
You say it has space for a floyd rose nut, but it isn't routed? I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding your problem here...

In any case, if the neck has space for the FR nut, you can still put a regular nut in there, no modification necessary. Just put it on the same as with any other neck.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Has it got no nut slot cut out at all? If so you can install a normal nut quite easily.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
k
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-50206111187217_2058_40360810

See where the nut would go? Idk, it was prolly a dumb question.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
There is a slot beyond the first fret in the nut position, if you widen that (keeping the side closest to the fret in the same place but making the furthest side of the slot wider) you should be able to install a normal nut.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
^ Exactly.

But that confused the hell out of even me, so basically,

Widen that slot, taking the material away from the side closer to the headstock.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Gosh am I the only one who read the title lmao...but why wouldn't you just contact guitarfetish about it?..
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
thanks everyone.

And i was on here and just figured i'd get a quicker response asking here.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino