How would you define "tasteful" shred? Obviously not what's in my profile (Shred guitar skill mp3). Also, how would you achieve that?
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society) tastefully shreds. No this is not a joke. (Flame shield)
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
anything that fits in naturally, not just "this part is shred cause i want to shred"

think "lotus feet" or "whispering a prayer" by steve vai.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
if you like it, it's tasteful.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by conor1148
anything that fits in naturally, not just "this part is shred cause i want to shred"

think "lotus feet" or "whispering a prayer" by steve vai.

pretty much. no "forced" solos or leads that just don't fit. those are awful. a slow bluesy song doesn't need a ripping solo in the middle of it i think Paul Gilbert's "Rusty Old Boat" and "Full Tank" are a good example, i think
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you like it, it's tasteful.

That.

People have different tastes, so it's whatever you like. One might think a solo is completely unnecessary, while another may think the same solo is awesome and completely necessary.
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Jun 30, 2009,
OK, thanks guys.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Quote by ML_Guitar09
That.

People have different tastes, so it's whatever you like. One might think a solo is completely unnecessary, while another may think the same solo is awesome and completely necessary.

i personally hate it whenever someone pontificates about a certain player having "no soul", or not being "tasteful", because at the end of the day, both of those things are subjective. and more often than not, that same person won't allow other people to criticise his/her favourite players.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think the TS meant more melodic in which case Joe Satriani and Steve Vai even some of the new buckethead stuff. although i`m not a fan of buckethead i have heard a couple of songs off the new album and think he`s chilled out a bit.
yeah, i know. even that is subjective, though. I'm sure there's stuff I like and consider to be melodic which some other people would consider to be "mindless shredding", though. I mean, plenty of people consider ANY satch or vai to be mindless shredding.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?