Alright i need a relatively cheap UK guitar (circa £600). Reading about the exchange rates makes me not want to buy an LTD or Schecter because they arent that great value as they were, and wondered if there was any good UK based companies

something with a set neck or neck thru, mahogany throughout with maple cap. Strat/Schecter or PRS style shapes as long as it has good fret access. Duncans are okay maybe EMGs.
Quote by Douglas Furs
you my friend want a Burns Sonic

thanks but thats the last thing i would want.
Quote by FredFunk1
thanks but thats the last thing i would want.

haha owned. he just plugged your pooper
patrick eggle (especially the second-hand ones from the early 90s)
jj (should be able to pick one up second-hand or NOS/ex-demo for that amount of money)
Gordon Smith (allegedly QC is a bit dodgy, so you'd want to try the one you're buying)

those are the 3 "big" ones (they're not particularly big)... there are also UK-based luthiers, e.g. feline, legra, etc. etc. which sometimes come up second-hand for that kind of money.

there's probably somebody really obvious who i'm forgetting.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
patrick eggle (especially the second-hand ones from the early 90s)
jj (should be able to pick one up second-hand or NOS/ex-demo for that amount of money)
Gordon Smith (allegedly QC is a bit dodgy, so you'd want to try the one you're buying)

those are the 3 "big" ones (they're not particularly big)... there are also UK-based luthiers, e.g. feline, legra, etc. etc. which sometimes come up second-hand for that kind of money.

there's probably somebody really obvious who i'm forgetting.

yeah i would like a eggle berlin stage but it has no maple cap, jjs are not my thing and gordon smith ive had bad experiences with!
just noticed you've been banned (), but there are certainly some berlin models with maple caps, if you're willing to wait for one to come up. i think i've even seen a berlin stage with a plain maple cap on ebay, but i could be wrong (there are so many models it's easy to get confused ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?