I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to help fix my guitars strap. I've got a screw that was threaded too tight or something into the body and has ended up grinding up just enough of the wood inside the hole to enable it to unscrew itself while I'm playing. It's got a strap-lock system in place and the screw that's in there is the only one that'll fit so I can't screw a bigger one in it's place to fix it. I've also got about a $10-20 immediate budget so I can't afford too much at the moment.

I REALLY don't want to have that thing fall on the floor because I forget it's loose for a second. It doesn't take much either, it'll almost fall out in just a few seconds while I'm only standing still and playing. Any ideas would be really appreciated!
duct tape
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
no no no. all wrong guys. i had this probablem. get some wood pulp and strong glue, mix them in the hole, and screw it in. let it dry. with some work you can unscrew it if you want, and it should make new threads
Get some two part epoxy in a syringe to fill the hole. Put the screw in before it dries. Probably cost about $5.
^that will work to athlete1. More permanent I'd say, just hope you can get the screw out if you ever need to.

I bought strap locks some time ago but have yet to install them as the toothpick method worked so well.

Break off enough toothpick that you need. Jam it in thar. Hold it in as you screw down. Clip off the remainder. Viola.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^that will work to athlete1. More permanent I'd say, just hope you can get the screw out if you ever need to.

I bought strap locks some time ago but have yet to install them as the toothpick method worked so well.

Break off enough toothpick that you need. Jam it in thar. Hold it in as you screw down. Clip off the remainder. Viola.

This is such a great trick for any stripped screw hole. My Gibby's Schallers are being held in place with 2 toothpick fragments in both holes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This is such a great trick for any stripped screw hole. My Gibby's Schallers are being held in place with 2 toothpick fragments in both holes.

Sounds hawt....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Sounds hawt....

They won't come out, if that's what the triple period is supposed to imply.

Tight friction-based pressure fits of a similar type are used to hold pretty heavy loads in construction all the time. Besides, I stood on the cutout and pulled on it for a couple minutes before I was confident the fit was tight enough.

I've also used it on several pieces of furniture I own.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
They won't come out, if that's what the triple period is supposed to imply.

Tight friction-based pressure fits of a similar type are used to hold pretty heavy loads in construction all the time. Besides, I stood on the cutout and pulled on it for a couple minutes before I was confident the fit was tight enough.

I've also used it on several pieces of furniture I own.

I'm just going to stop here, because I tend to take things too far. But yea, great method
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Okay, I tried the toothpick idea and it's working out pretty well so far. I haven't tested it very much yet but it doesn't wobble anymore so that's a good sign. The hole was big enough I needed two toothpicks but it seems pretty solid now. I'll keep the other ideas in mind in case this doesn't work out. Thanks for the help everybody! (It sucks to have to play sitting down.)