Hey guys. I've recently come into a bit of extra cash and am finally going to be getting a new amp. I'm looking for an affordable all-tube combo with nice cleans, and the Vox AC15 and AC30 were some that seem to be mentioned quite a bit. Anyone had any experiences with these / own them? Also, is the AC30 really worth the price jump over the 15? I'm not going to be doing any heavy gigging. It's mostly going to be privately used for the time being.

Also, my heart is far from set, so if you guys have any other recommendations I'm open to hear them. My budget it around a grand, but I'm really hoping to keep it down to about $600-$700.
The AC15 has very nice cleans. They're jangly, chimy, British, and bright though, if that's what you're looking for. Very nice low end though.
They're both very nice amps, but they actually have their own unique tones. If you buy an AC15 wanting a 15W AC30, you could be disappointed.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I'm also looking for an amp that would give me a very basic Gilmour-esque clean tone. Tough to do on a budget, I know, but would an AC15 or 30 give that basic foundation or should I look towards something else?
If you're not gigging get the AC15 with the weber speaker. For playing at home the AC30 is not worth the price and neither are the Celestion blue speakers in the AC15. So just get the AC15 for $600. Then you'll have a few hundred left for other gear!

The AC30 will be too loud for you at home and even the 15 will be a bit loud, though not as much as the 15. On the plus side, while the AC30 is not typically a bedroom amp, the AC15 can serve as one and also a gigging amp if needed. It might be loud enough on its own depending on the situation, though cleans might be hard to maintain over a drummer. If thats the case its a great amp for micing . AC15 is a win-win situation besides the fact that it doesnt sound EXACTLY like a 30, but it still sounds amazing in its own right
i say shoot for the AC30! it's one of my favorite amps ever and i hope to have one very soon. it has the sweetest cleans...
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
i say shoot for the AC30! it's one of my favorite amps ever and i hope to have one very soon. it has the sweetest cleans...

Not very ideal for a mostly bedroom player. Of course attenuators exist for a reason. I just hardly see a point in buying an amp you'll never use to its full potential. My opinion on gear is that if you get what you pay for then you should really USE what you pay for
Quote by Bright Light
Not very ideal for a mostly bedroom player. Of course attenuators exist for a reason. I just hardly see a point in buying an amp you'll never use to its full potential. My opinion on gear is that if you get what you pay for then you should really USE what you pay for

This is true. You don't need 30 watts as a bedroom player. Even the AC15 goes really loud. Also, I think the cheapest you'll find a new AC30 is $1100 so keep that in mind.
If you like Vox-y cleans then I would look into the Vox Night Train head. Its 15 watts of tube and you can get it and a cab for about $700. It also has better gain than the AC15, if you're gonna use distortion.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
For bedroom playing, you could check out the 4 watt AC, perhaps.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist