I believe I need to solder the wire back onto the port (Because electrical tape isn't working). There are two little pieces of metal but only one wire coming out of the little hole. I even unscrewed the back and theres only one wire coming out, so which little piece of metal am I soldering the wire to? Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by legato89 at Jun 30, 2009,
those pictures are entirely too big, i can't see anything it just kind of looking like you had an input jack, dropped it into a cave, and then there was a blinding explosion
Yea I used my phone camera and they got resized...let me see what I can do
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Last edited by spootz at Jul 1, 2009,
^ fail...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
ok, first of all... because of the fact that you can't post pictures online or ascertain what's wrong with the guitar and how to fix, I'm going to suggest you take it to a shop.

second of all, I'm electing to promote you being banned from posting pictures until your 13th birthday.

edit: here's a gimme
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Thomme
ok, first of all... because of the fact that you can't post pictures online or ascertain what's wrong with the guitar and how to fix, I'm going to suggest you take it to a shop.

second of all, I'm electing to promote you being banned from posting pictures until your 13th birthday.

edit: here's a gimme

Go for it bro. Also, if you provide the time machine so I can go back to my 13th birthday I could fulfill your snide request. There is only one white wire...
Quote by legato89
Go for it bro. Also, if you provide the time machine so I can go back to my 13th birthday I could fulfill your snide request. There is only one white wire...

there should be a white and a black. And don't mind my smarmy sense of humour, I jest in love.

But... there should be a black and a white or a green and a white or a black and a red... two wires. With just one, that makes no sense.
I think the other part which was soldered was not in a wire, I didn't yank on it hard enough to completely rip it out.

I don't know how Im supposed to manage to solder that little portion...thanks for the help by the way.
oh. Yeah. See, it's a "wrapped" wire. Solder each of those frays to the correct lug. You can ascertain (that's the second time in one thread I've used that word... how pretentious) which lug on the jack is which by following them on the jack.
cut and peel back the white outer wrap.

then solder the bare wire to the bottom tip and the wrapped longer wire to the higher tip
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte