Hails,

I'm new on this forums but i have been looking around and have not find anything related to Central America Bands... most of the bands and info and promos are from North America, Europe and beyond, but what about the Latin American musicians?

Well, let me put my country as an example, I'm from El Salvador... yep, that little country in Central America where a civil war took place over 10 years almost 23 years ago, that little country where Morbid Angel's drummer Pete "Comando" Sandoval was born... here the Metal scene has grown real fast and strong, we have just about any Metal genre, from Power Metal to Black...

But it is not easy at all to have a Metal band in my country, we have to deal with such things as social rejection (there are a lot of religious leaders that brain wash the people against us, and also the media plays its roll on it), there is the monetary factor too, as you might know it takes a good amount of money to achieve a decent gear and not the mention of recording an album, here in this lands its more expensive, believe it or not...

Guided by the spirit and love for Metal, many young and not so young musicians and bands have built our local scene, bands plays in bars (actually there are only two bars dedicated to promote and give a space to Metal in all its expressions and extensions), covers for these gigs are real ship ($6 av), therefore no band makes a live out of Metal, but we still love it and keep playing... the media.... there are only one TV Show dedicated to promote Metal, National and International, one radio station and one more radio show dedicated to national Metal.... and the international fields we have some bands that have been in different Central American countries and gave a good impression to the crowds and have been real welcome, also we have been visited by real first world bands, such as Naplam Death, Malevolent Creation, Epica, Therion, Stratovarius, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and some others gods of Metal....

It's really a proud for me to be part of this scene as a band member and a fan, but i found sad that our music is not well known around the glove, we have great bands with great music to give but sadly are few the persons who take the time to listen carefully to our material, but if any of you guys reading this (if you read this far) are interest to give us a listen, i can give you some links to my local bands so you can ear by your selves to what i am trying to talk about, you can find my band's profile here in UG attached to my user profile so you can listen to a Salvadorean Death Metal
deliver....

Any opinions on this thread are welcome...

have a good one lads
Mar de grises- Spanish for sea of gray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1So1VGop0gI

Mortem- they're Peruvian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebKx-dRD-s&feature=channel_page

both pretty damn good if you ask me

and i'll check your band out.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Jun 30, 2009,
I see that 10 is close to 23 in your neck of the woods.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I can safely say that i like you guys. You do the vocals? They're pretty good.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
He said it took place over a period of 10 years, 23 years ago.

If that's what you were trying to pick at (though he said it correctly).

Unless it wasn't, srreh (what was it, then?)
Quote by CG Man16
I can safely say that i like you guys. You do the vocals? They're pretty good.

thanks, well i do the vocals and guitars too in the current line up, but for that record it wasn't me... but I'm a bit better than those vocals

Quote by Lappo
He said it took place over a period of 10 years, 23 years ago.

If that's what you were trying to pick at (though he said it correctly).

Unless it wasn't, srreh (what was it, then?)

yep that's what i meant, thanks
Any bestial death metal from El Salvador? Im in a south american blaspheming mood today.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
hmm, a fellow guanaco it seems...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Hey I'm half Salvadorean and I have lots of family over there.

Great to see that there is at least somewhat of a scene there. Last two times I visited I only saw a handful of metalheads at the Multicenter and Gran Villa.

Any thrash bands in El Salvador?

Thanks and good luck!
Hey man, good to know that you have some Salvadorean blood in your veins!and yeah we have a couple of Thrash bands here, but some of them have not recording anything yet, however, here is the myspace of one of them, actually the most popular Thrash band in the country, its called Berserk.... http://www.myspace.com/berserkthrash">Click here for their myspace.

next time you come and visit the country, if you want to be in a gig, please let me know and I'll bring you to one so you can see by your self that our scene is much more than a handful of metal leads brother

cheers
im salvi nigga.
i just wish more salvi thrsh bands came to the us
Classical Guitarist
nope. no good ones exist. I tried to listen to most of them, but they suck.
"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin
(its a real quote)
Does Mexico count as North or Central America? Because Denial - Catacombs of the Grotesque is absolutely badass.
Quote by Scourge441
Does Mexico count as North or Central America? Because Denial - Catacombs of the Grotesque is absolutely badass.

I think Mexico's technically in North America, but could be Central America, I'm really not sure. If we're talking about Mexican bands, Cenotaph definitely deserve mention.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by beerslayer420
nope. no good ones exist. I tried to listen to most of them, but they suck.

what about YOUR band?? can you show me your music?? i would like to listen to what you call good music

and if you say our bands sucks.... at least give a ****ing feedback or something
Quote by Zero_Soomdrag
Hey man, good to know that you have some Salvadorean blood in your veins!and yeah we have a couple of Thrash bands here, but some of them have not recording anything yet, however, here is the myspace of one of them, actually the most popular Thrash band in the country, its called Berserk.... http://www.myspace.com/berserkthrash">Click here for their myspace.

next time you come and visit the country, if you want to be in a gig, please let me know and I'll bring you to one so you can see by your self that our scene is much more than a handful of metal leads brother

cheers

Hey thanks.

Check out my band Perpetrator www.myspace.com/perpetratorthrash

I added your band on myspace.
Quote by Zero_Soomdrag
what about YOUR band?? can you show me your music?? i would like to listen to what you call good music

and if you say our bands sucks.... at least give a ****ing feedback or something

I listened to your band and its OK. Your drummer is good.
"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin
(its a real quote)
Quote by beerslayer420
I listened to your band and its OK. Your drummer is good.

Thanks....

Quote by m.murcia47
Hey thanks.

Check out my band Perpetrator www.myspace.com/perpetratorthrash

I added your band on myspace.

nice old school Thrash man, keep it on!

Here is another band for you guys to check out, its called Lux Mortis, they have some good stuff, HERE is their myspace

cheers!